Pass the Asprin

A place to discuss side projects by the band

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Pass the Asprin

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I'm just surprised to see there's been no mention of Geddy's My Favourite headache album. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks about it, I think its great.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I LOVE this album!!! :D It is fantastic! To be honest though, it took me quite a while to get in to it. I was watching RushTV when it was online about a year and a half ago and I saw documentary on the Making of MFH and I was just blown away. Panacea and Xanadu encouraged me to give the album a good listen, which I did, and after that, I was hooked!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I second the motion! I must confess it took me a while too, though. :oops: Hubby got it for me the Christmas after it came out, and I only listened a time or two and put it away. After the September 2002 Vapor Trails concert, I got it back out again and listened with rejuvenated ears. I love it now!!! :D :D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

MFH! Yes, this is great! The kids and I listened to this almost exclusively in the van when we got it. It is a different side of Geddy, but not too different, and I hope he puts out another someday.
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Bought it the moment I set eyes on it (about a week after release...hadn't heard any thing about it ahead of time), put it in the ol' CD machine and loved it :!: The drumming is fantastic! I dig Matt Cameron's instincts...and Jeremy Taggert is fabulous on "Home on the Strange." My favorite tracks are "Still" and "Grace to Grace."
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
kwndcpc

Post by kwndcpc »

HEADACHE is some great music and Geddy is fantastic.

You just have to look past the fact that Neil and Alex are not with him and know that those parts are not quite up to the usual standards of RUSH as a group.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I quite like it. I think it was a better solo debut than Alex's, but his was solid as well. The title track, Still, Slipping and Working At Perfekt really make the album.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I bought it on the release date, played it to death and havent touched it since strangely enough. I'm a huge Soundgarden fan so Matt Cameron's contribution was an added bonus. I remember playing the Victor album a lot more than MFH though.
lavillapg

Post by lavillapg »

My friends used to think it was Rush that was playing, Obviously they're not big fans.. :roll:
Image Image
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL!

Newp!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

MFH is an excellent CD. I recall Geddy talking about touring to support it, but of course once Rush started working on VT that took priority. I would have been interesting to see what Geddy would have done had he gone on a solo tour. It would have been cool to see him in smaller venues. All in all I'm happy that Rush got back together, instead.

Do you think if he had gone on a solo tour would he have played any Rush tunes? I think he'd have to do a few.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think he would have to yes. It is kinda like Ozzy not playing Paranoid. We fans would kill him! hehe
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Robert Plant didn't play any Zep tunes for quite a few years.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I was still hoping Rush would play some MFH or Victor songs on this tour. Oh well... Maybe next time 'round!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart