Those Rush Moments

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ganjagal

Those Rush Moments

Post by Ganjagal »

I know everyone has had a few! "moments".
Those moments when the gas total comes to $21.12, driving down the road when a Rush song comes on the radio, echoing a conversation. Pretty much anything that catches your attention, or the irony.

Soooo...........
I am driving home from a dinner last week, and decide to take a "short cut" which of course isn't- it's a state forest road, bumpy, curvy, and DARK, even though it was twilight.

We put in Hemispheres, which provided a warning for all those Trees -they had better behave!

Next, in the dark Presto gets it's turn.

Well by this time- I realized I was on the wrong state forest road.

.....some of us get lost.....

.......turn around.....

I found the whole thing an ironic adventure..... my favorite kind!
:-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ironic adventure...good way to describe the Rushian's life.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

At my guitar lesson yesterday, the teacher was showing me new chord voicings and she started playing various songs as examples. The one she played the most of was The Girl From Ipanema.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Oh, oh, what voicings? :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

They were different voicings for maj 7, min 7, dom 7, and dim 7. Oh, and she told me some chords I already knew for mah, min, and dom 7 were a part of this voicing.

She is teaching me about how there are five different voicings for all the chords and what they are and how to use them.

Each set of voicings has a number, but she forgeds which is #1 and such. So, the ones built off roots on the 6th string, which she showed me first, we are calling #1, the ones based on the 5th string we are calling #2, later I will learn what we will view as #3 which are built off the 6th string, but instead of the notes on the 5th-1st strings being above the root on the neck, they are below the root. I dunno about #s 4 and 5 yet, but she says those are rarely used since they take some real stretching and reaching to finger them.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Ohh, good to know ;) Some people are mad scientists when it comes to how far they're willing to stretch :P
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Aye, that they are. I am not sure if she is gonna teach me all five voicings, but I know she is gonna teach me the three common ones.

And then there are the scales....
Onward and Upward!