All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DELETED

Rush-Bashing in NY

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Nobodies railed on Rush like that to me. I don't think I would have withstood a 20-30 minute rant. Doesn't bother me if people don't like Rush. People have the right to be wrong.
:yawinkle:
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

thankfully I've no tales to tell quite like that, I had to defend Rush when I was at school but that was easy....ppl can get scared of a very angry female wearing a biker's jacket for some reason :roll: ;-)
and I have to agree with D'Anconia I dont think i could have withstood even 5 mins but the shock of this guy's tirade would have left quite a few ppl speechless....if that ever happens again I expect you to tell the person where to get off ;-)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I would have drop kicked that bastard in the rock bag, kissed his ol lady, and walked away with his wallet, and his smokes...................but that's just me. :-D
This space for rent
Me

Post by Me »

I've never experience any sort of discontent of Rush. Matter of fact just opposite during the V.T. tour I told my co-workers and they liked them and for straight laced tied at the seams sort of people that said alot.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i've enver had any trouble, i orderred my Vt guitar book, and bought my rush bass book from different stores, the bass book deserves far more merit although
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Well then, it sounds like you have an approximation of where they're broadcasting from. I think it would be just fantastic for their ratings if you showed up during one of their shows and kicked both of their Neil-hating candy-asses!! :twisted:
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

Joan Jett trashing Rush? Bwaa! Ha! Ha! Ha! She's got alot of nerve.Where is that washed up piece of crap now? Probably in some dark dingy bar boozing it up with the locals and telling them how she is going to make a comeback with her leather pants busting at the seams.Good luck Joan.

I did hear a story about Elvis Costello taking a shot at them.When Moving Pictures came out he said that the album was "Rush's greatest mistake".Can you believe that pompus hack? Like it was only do to luck that Rush could produce something so good. Screw you Elvis. You should go and sit next to Joan at that dingy bar because your career isn't much better.Let the angels wear your shoes because believe me,no one else wants to.
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Actually, yes, a few months ago I read on a music forum that someone just saw Joan Jett in a bar... In New Jersey I think it was :P Keen observation ;)
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

that's exactly why i don't talk about RUSH at school, i over-react when people make fun of something i like..so i have to keep my musical inspiration to myself. :(

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

The geeky sci-fi rock was probably selling better than the girl-with-guitar rock :P