A night like no other

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

A night like no other

Post by rushlight »

Tonight was THE NIGHT! Rush came to San Antonio. (Selma to be exact) D.A. couldn't make it so I went with my brother. We got there a bit late and only missed a few minutes to the very first song they did. I won't give any of the songs they played so others who haven't seen them yet will be blown away. WE were completely blown away by songs that they rarely play live and other songs that they have NEVER played live before. The little dragon is back and you'll love him even more when you see what he is up to. The very shining moment for me was watching my hero Neil Peart give it his all in the drum solo. I wept tears of joy to see him back better than ever. EVERYBODY went completely insane throughout the entire night and went even more insane when they came back for an encore. This was the greatest event to have ever happened. I wish I was able to scream my excitement but alas I have the nasty lump in my throat and to be safe, I only rocked to the beat and made the hand symbol for "I love you" to the greatest band that ever lived.

Geddy, Alex, and Neil are my inspiration
My heroes
The power of inspiration
And forevermore, THE GREATEST BAND WHO EVER LIVED! I love you three and I hope you keep rocking for many more years.
Last edited by rushlight on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love my Welshman.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Gawd bless you Rushlight!!! I'm so glad you had such a good time. Nothing fills the pot like a night with the Boyz!!!

It's been a month now since I've seen them and almost two before I'll see them again (August 11) but I hold the memory like I hold my car keys. VERY close.

I just can't wait for Schu, Dutchy, Slaine and the others to see them too.

TAWK ABOOT a night to REMEMBER!!!! Yaaaahhh!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Sounds great, rushlight. Glad you had such a good time. On the VT tour, I got completely choked up during DEW (makes me think of my kids). It a wonderful experience to see a band with so much power and so much heart.

16 days until RUSH hits the Big Tomato!!!

Where's that time machine when you need it??
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
schuette

Post by schuette »

glad you had a brilliant night light.......not that we all didn't think you wouldn't ;-)
and jings Kares I really really cant wait :-D ....but I have to :?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh man! A grand time!

I am really happy for you and I am stoked that I ged this experience in 6 days!
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Thank you. It was the greatest night of my life. And when they come again, D.A. will be with me and we'll see them together. :love2: Today, I have been listening to my Rush albums and I'm feeling that creative itch again. :wink: I wore the shirt I made just for this night. And here is the piccie. :D

I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is fun!
Onward and Upward!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Cool shirt!

Here's a pic I took at the Kansas City show.
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

That's a fantastic shirt, rushlight. You're a first class RUSH fan!!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you. I had another shirt I painted way back from their Show of Hands album and I threw it out after I wore it for many years. I have a few other drawings of Rush that I'm thinking of turning into t-shirts also. They may take long to make, but the finished project looks great! :-)
I love my Welshman.