Rapping skeleton from RTB

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

mjl1297

Post by mjl1297 »

Anyone know where I can get a quality scan of the skeleton from the band's onstage animation used during the RTB bridge?
Anything can happen.....
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Shoot, mlj, I DO remember an article about the company that produced those animations for them...they had a website link and I think someone got a copy of the "polka-bots" (fascinating and cuddly creatures) used during Leave That Thing Alone during the VT tour.

Must try and dig it up...

BTW, welcome to the board. :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
mjl1297

Post by mjl1297 »

Good to be here and thanks for the welcome! You know I didn't even think to go back and check the liner notes on RTB. There may be something there. Still, if you can dig up that article it would be most appreciated.
BTW, I caught Rush on the opening night of the current tour in Nashville. They were stupendous. Like a fine wine, they just get better with age.

P.S.-Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Fender Jazz signed by none other than Dirk himself? Did you come by that at a MFH cd signing perchance?
Anything can happen.....
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Kares4Rush wrote:Shoot, mlj, I DO remember an article about the company that produced those animations for them...they had a website link and I think someone got a copy of the "polka-bots" (fascinating and cuddly creatures) used during Leave That Thing Alone during the VT tour.
There was someone from that company at RushCon 3 last year - so there may be some hint of their identity somewhere on the RC site :)
Sir Myghin

Re: Rapping skeleton from RTB

Post by Sir Myghin »

mjl1297 wrote:Good to be here and thanks for the welcome! You know I didn't even think to go back and check the liner notes on RTB. There may be something there. Still, if you can dig up that article it would be most appreciated.
BTW, I caught Rush on the opening night of the current tour in Nashville. They were stupendous. Like a fine wine, they just get better with age.

P.S.-Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Fender Jazz signed by none other than Dirk himself? Did you come by that at a MFH cd signing perchance?
i'm pretty sure those are siggies made by our dutchrush, the looks cool though eh?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes those were made by Dutch
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I got an Alex one that is on vacation right now.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yes, beloved DutchRush made my cherished siggy. He knows my love of the man and the bass. However I do own two items autographed by Geddy and actually had my hands on a GL Fender Jazz once too (and got a RARE M&G). Sigh! Ain't it GRAND to love such a band so much!

That probably doesn't impress you (and I wasn't trying to---just reminiscing) but it impressed me!! Hee hee!

Yes, I heard Howard Ungerleider did a demonstration of the screen animations at Rushcon last year and had a rep of the company who does them with him.

Here is that article I found. I hope it's helpful. Also it's pretty FUNNY!!! Check out the pic of Geddy and the tech when you click to enlarge. :-D

http://www.derivativeinc.com/Company/Ev ... r/main.asp

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...