Salt Lake City show pictures

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

Salt Lake City show pictures

Post by D'Anconia »

Just got back from Salt Lake. Man that was a good show last night. By far the best seat I've ever had at a Rush show, essentially front row, and the sound was flawless.

Here's a link to some pictures I got last night. A bit blurry unfortunately (those Rush guys wouldn't stay still...might also help if I learned how to use my camera). Anyway it was more than worth the trip. Off to Seattle tomorrow!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286369017
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh good! Thanks for the pics and I hope it doesn't rain on us tomorrow!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Oh good! Thanks for the pics and I hope it doesn't rain on us tomorrow!
Just checked the weather and it looks like we might get some rain. Better pack a pocho. I'm glad you brought that up, t!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Always ready for rain, Franc!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Always ready for rain, Franc!
You're a true North Westerner!
Regards,
Bri

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just to reiterate the message I left on the site - great stuff and thanks. Do you mind if I post them on my Rush website (full credit given)?
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Am not!

I was born, bred, and raised in the Los Angeles area. I have just lived here long enough to know.
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Just to reiterate the message I left on the site - great stuff and thanks. Do you mind if I post them on my Rush website (full credit given)?
No problem! Send me a link to your site when you do it. I'd like to see it.
Regards,
Bri

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hmm. I can't get into the site to see them unless I register?

The one showing of Geddy is AWESOME, though. :-D

Thanks!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

I have to agree with Kares there.......if that one is anything to go by the rest will be excellent too :-)
Thongirl

Post by Thongirl »

someone tell me about taking pics at the concert? Have a great digital camera but would not want it taken from me. But i am in front so it would be noticable and man i don't want glaring looks from Geddy, he's my man!!!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Thongirl wrote:someone tell me about taking pics at the concert? Have a great digital camera but would not want it taken from me. But i am in front so it would be noticable and man i don't want glaring looks from Geddy, he's my man!!!
I'm pretty sure Geddy saw me taking pictures and he didn't mind a bit.

Security getting in to the place was a different matter. My camera cost quite a few $ and I have to admit I took a risk. It's a slim 5M pixel Sony DSC-T1. I got it in by putting it inside my wallet. Security at Salt Lake was tight and they made everybody empty their pockets. I just held my wallet (with camera inside) when I was searched and got right through.

I was pretty nervous about taking pictures at first afraid my camera would get confiscated (part of the reason the pics are blurry) so I waited until later in the show before trying to take too many pictures. After a few pics were taken it was clear that security could see what I was doing and didn't care.

It all really depends on the venue and their policies.
Regards,
Bri

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

At the concert we went to, they didn't search us well at all. All they asked me to do was shake out the jacket I was carrying. I could have had a number of things in the pockets of that jacket and they wouldn't have noticed.

They also had some disposable cameras for sale at the merch counters.
Onward and Upward!
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Man, even when out of focus, Geddy looks fantastic!! :love5:
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance