Easter Eggs

A place to discuss the videos

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Easter Eggs

Post by PV »

I know this has been posted somewhere at sometime but just can't find it. If someone has step by step instructions for this dvd challenged one, could you please post them here? Thanks!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Here's the information I found when I did a search:

Insert the second disc of the DVD set and then play the 'The Boys In Brazil' documentary. When Alex Lifeson starts talking about the song 'By-Tor & The Snow Dog' (around 0:26:40) hit the 'Enter' button on your remote control. This will begin a short animated film made especially for the 'Vapor Trails' tour.

A second Easter Egg is located also on the second disc. Start 'O Baterista' and then go back to the DVD?s menu. Now, start 'YYZ' and go back to the menu again. Then start 'YYZ' once again, and go back to the menu. Finally, start 'O Baterista' once again and then go back to the menu. (In order, they are tracks 2-1-1-2, which is the title of one of their albums). The menu will now contain a new menu entry called 'Anthem 75.'

I hope this helps!
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Excellent, Pan! Me SEG comes through once again! :D Now, how to get ahold of the remote and try this out. :?
Panacea wrote:(In order, they are tracks 2-1-1-2, which is the title of one of their albums).
Is it now? Interesting... :wink:

(I know she was cutting and pasting but I couldn't resist.)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Just watched them! How easy are they when someone gives you step by step directions but how on earth would someone find those on their own? :shock:

Chronicles DVD

Post by 1001001 »

Chronicles DVD

Insert the disc and wait a few seconds until on the main menu, the 'Rush' logo appears in the upper left corner of the screen. Then, press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control, and then press 'Enter.' This will take you to a new menu screen from which you can select to play either the video 'Afterimage' or 'The Enemy Within.'
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Thanks to Mr. "Body Electric" for the Chronicles info! I just got that DVD and am really pleased with it. I LOVE the videos for Distant, Mystic, Big Money, Red Sector and Subdivisions. It's great when they take the time to be creative! Not sure if I like the Time Stand Still vid, but it's still my fav. song. And now to check out the eggs..... 8)
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I call him Binary Boy or the Linux Avenger.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Panacea's got the straight poop there...I did it, and it works...What a nugget!
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I can assure you, Pan knows her stuff.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Thanks y'all...you saved me hours of aimless wandering...Although, how could it NOT be fun? The whole DVD is awesome...

Hey, what are the figures on top of Alex's amps (besides Mr. Potato Head)...Are they ALL MPH's? Didn't notice....too busy watching Alex's technique...He just gets better with age...Thought he would have gotten rid of all the stompboxes and stuff, but I could swear it looks like he's using MORE!

And, is he still using taurus pedals? He and Geddy BOTH used to use them...Geddy was....Didn't notice that either....Rock on people...
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

The three stooges in golf gear (one swings a club during Tom Sawyer if you look behind Alex) I think there is a Jesus figurine too.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Am I crazy, or is Ged lip-synching Anthem '75?

nice platform shoes too....Ah the seventies...Gotta love 'em :-D