All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DELETED

Rush-Loving DJ's

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

On our local station (Radio Mansfield) Ian Watkins, who does the afternoon show, has a regular thing called the Rock Slot at 3:30pm where he plays one or more rock tracks. IN the past, he has played Bastille Day and Spirit of Radio.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

The station here in Buffalo rocks. I used to think that WRNO in New Orleans played alot of Rush, but they pretty much stuck to Rush's mainstream stuff. In the four months that I've been in Buffalo, they've played things like 2112 (entire song), Entre Nous, Lakeside Park, etc. Course they also play the staples like Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart, Limelight, etc.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey, Augie! I remember Carol Miller! She was cool! She left WNEW in 1998 or 1999 (soon after the station lost it's Rock format). I met her at a Rock convention when I was in High School and she signed a picture for me (lame, I know but I was a kid).

Here in NY there seems to be only one DJ that will play more Rush than others and that is Scott Muny who only broadcasts an hour a day now at lunch time (he's gotta be WAAAAY up there now).

What is the number "on the dial" of that NJ station? I know you're in Staten Island and have closer access but I'd like to see if I can get it at least here at work (Manhattan).

Thanks.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Pierre Robert in Philadelphia on 93.3 WMMR loves Rush! He has been a fan, and I believe friend of the band's, for a very long time. He plays them a lot and was even "featured" in the Billboard Special 30th Anniversary Issue.

FreeBeer and HotWings in New Jersey on 94.5 WTHK (The Hawk) love Rush as well. Although they don't play a lot of their music, being the morning show yappers, they do incorporate them in to their show. Just yesterday, as a matter of fact, their 3rd wheel, Zane, had to go down on the street and be a street musician with a portable keyboard. So FB&HW were calling him on the cell phone making requests and they kept asking for Rush songs. Zane did a pretty nasty version of Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions. It was funny as hell though!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Hehe, sounds funny :-D

8)
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

PV is correct about Pierre (pronounced pee-air) He does like Rush but the problem I have with him is that he always plays the same frigin Rush songs.It really gets on my nerves considering all the killer tunes they have.I suppose I can't be too harsh on him because a few years ago when Geddy came to the radio station (WMMR in Philly) to promote "My Favorite Headache" he let me in.Now one was suppose to have this "wmmrcard" to get in but I didn't and he still let me by.Anyway at the end,Geddy was signing autographs and he reprimanded me.Bwaaa! ha! ha! Geddy was pissed.We both kissed and made up though and I did receive an autograph.Sort of a personalized one too.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Kool on you! I mean it!

I remember when they played "Summertime Blues" as an intro on Ken Dashel's show. I was so thrilled. He kept going on about what an ODD peice of covers they did..."But...anyway...here it IS." I never heard it again. :???:

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Monkey Wrench wrote:PV is correct about Pierre (pronounced pee-air) He does like Rush but the problem I have with him is that he always plays the same frigin Rush songs.It really gets on my nerves considering all the killer tunes they have.
I hear you there, Monkey. It's always Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Subdivisions, and Spirit of Radio. Great songs, I agree, but jings! They play nothing since Signals on the radio at all. We hardly even heard VT when it was first released. I think I heard One Little Victory a whopping two times.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oh, I TOTALLY agree, Augie. Q104.3 BLOWS the BIG one. It TOTALLY sucks. But with the demise of the other Classic Rock stations (I don't like most of KRock's format--just me, though) it's just about all there is. I mostly listen to my CDs but when I pop on a station it is Q104. It is TOTALLY sad that there is no more competition between stations as they are mostly owned by the same two companies. They don't even HAVE to try for an audience anymore and just flood the airways with the same crap over and over and play more and more commercials...because they CAN.

Q104 has become the ultimate "rubber stamp" Clear Channel Megolopolous (word?) "Dumbed Down" watered-down "Classic Rock" (yeah right) station that is permeating the country. Same 4 songs by the same 20 groups. Ugh. And this is a HUGE and diverse market!!! What are these people THINKING!!!

That's why I got excited about your station. I can barely get it now but will keep trying. Thanks.

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED