Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DELETED

Rush Song in Nissan Commercial?

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I didn't hear it but I heard about it!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It was Tom Sawyer. Coolest commercial ever made, IMO :-D
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
EndlesslyRocking

Re: Rush Song in Nissan Commercial?

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Augie wrote:Hi folks,

A few years ago (circa 2000), I saw commercials for the Nissan Maxima on TV. The music playing in the background in that commercial sounded a lot like the beginning of Rush's "Tom Sawyer." Did anyone else notice this?
Was this done intentionally, or is it coincidental? Did Nissan pay Rush royalties for use of this song?

Augie
It was done intentionally, and with royalties I'm sure. Tom Sawyer also appeared in the movie The Waterboy.

A few screamed about "selling out", but personally I don't care.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I really don't care either, it's money and it's publicity. Both are very good for a career. It's not like Rush is out there beating on doors to get their songs into movies, they were asked by Paramount, or whoever, and they said yes. As simple as that :P

Money is money as some small-time hippie singer/songwriter said. I was talking to him awhile ago and this topic came up, he said that he always thought he would never do that, but once he got the call for a song of his to be in a commercial he said "Yessum, yessum, where do I sign?".

Tom Sawyer was also featured in a little cartoon called "Futurama". Our hero, Fry, had to play an arcade game all night to battle the aliens and he needed "Pizza and his all-Rush mix-tape". Then Tom Sawyer played. I was like - 8)
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Haven't heard about all of them. But very interesting.

I know from a novel (but can't remember the title anymore) in which a girl is driving in her car and she's listening to Rush's "Jacob's Ladder".
So I was told. I haven't read the book by my own. Does anyone know the novel?
EndlesslyRocking

*Lifesonite wrote: Tom Sawyer was also featured in a little cartoon called "Futurama". Our hero, Fry, had to play an arcade game all night to battle the aliens and he needed "Pizza and his all-Rush mix-tape". Then Tom Sawyer played. I was like - 8)
My wife almost spit up all over the living room when that scene came on...

"Look honey, it's YOU!!!"
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

LOL, yeah, that was a great scene. :-D
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

did anybody watch king of the hill when bobby became a warlock or something & he was at these kids' house & The Trees was in the background? i about dropped dead when i heard it!! the show is really annoying but i admire them for playing RUSH, even if it was for a geek crowd!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
EndlesslyRocking

happysmilies007 wrote:did anybody watch king of the hill when bobby became a warlock or something & he was at these kids' house & The Trees was in the background? i about dropped dead when i heard it!! the show is really annoying but i admire them for playing RUSH, even if it was for a geek crowd!!

Yes I saw that.

RUSH is EVERYWHERE!

:)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Be proud in your geekdom Augie, it doesn't look like it was an insult ;)

To me the geeks are the guys bouncing up and down in their car seats like monkeys when they're behind me at red lights and listening to rap music. True story. ;)
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

Augie, man, no offense intended. if you'd seen the episode, you'd know what i meant..i should've said IDIOTS..they were summoning dark spirits!! i don't have ANYTHING against geeks or nerds!! sorry dude!!

thanks L*nite, that really helps. :wink: actually, i consider those kind of people 'cool' though cool doesn't hold very high regard in my book, considering what being 'cool' has turned kids into these days..*sigh*

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

*Lifesonite wrote: Tom Sawyer was also featured in a little cartoon called "Futurama". Our hero, Fry, had to play an arcade game all night to battle the aliens and he needed "Pizza and his all-Rush mix-tape". Then Tom Sawyer played. I was like - 8)
Anybody also remember the episode of Futurama where Bender didn't want to get an upgrade so he ran off to some deserted island and led a revolt against technology? Anyway whenever the revolt was about to begin he stated "And soon we'll stage a revolt against technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush."
Kazz
EndlesslyRocking

kazzman wrote:
Anybody also remember the episode of Futurama where Bender didn't want to get an upgrade so he ran off to some deserted island and led a revolt against technology? Anyway whenever the revolt was about to begin he stated "And soon we'll stage a revolt against technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush."
Yep, saw that one too.

Futurama was a great show, IMHO.