Musicians Corner (updated)

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just thought I'd let you know that I've found an old recording of a song I recorded with a band called State of Mind. I was their lead vocalist for about five weeks in the mid-90s before the rhythm guitarist, bassist and drummer all got offers from better bands and I had to go back to university. If it sounds rough, the notes on the site explain everything. You never know, I may decide to redo it.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Go for it dude! I for one could never post material from the archives, perhaps for the comedic value. I've been with our guitarist for a little over five years the now. He recently unearthed one of our very first jams. At the time it seemed great but with hindsight it truly was bloody awful :-D .
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Ogg wrote:
I'm not afraid. And if you think I'm that easily goaded into accepting a challenge.... Then you're ON! OLD MAN!!!
'OLD MAN'...chuckle...love it mate, thats the spirit!

Unless you wimp out of course
You could be right Slaine'. I've issued the challenge...you'd think he would wish to save face? You never know, his beloved AeroSmitten may be observing :razz: .
Of course she is watching :P

Ogg, I was gonna download your stuff tonight....but it shall have to wait till the morrow as I am exausted...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

hey ogg, just listneed to your tunes, the muscianship is good, i enoy that, but my comment is that the vocals are poorly mixed, the are often very blurred , uninteligible, cnan't make out a word of it, or they are seldom heard amongst the other music.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Playing in the music industry is cool but sometimes can be bad. I was playing with a couple of guys several years agoin a group called "KIND". We were working for warner/chapel records with a producer by the name of Jesse Hodges. It was the coolest thing I had ever done, but it didnt work out.....
such is life
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i've updated my website, added another song, an older one i hadn't got around to recording, hope you folks enjoy

comments are saught and welcomed
Last edited by Sir Myghin on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I'm a musician and I play in a band called Joe's Band.

Unfortunately there isn't a link as the band don't have a website.

However here is a link for the band I used to play with.........

http://www.velouramour.co.uk

Liam Saunders took over my role as keyboard player.

From one Liam to another........
Bassist of Joe's Band

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

hey ogg, just listneed to your tunes, the muscianship is good, i enoy that, but my comment is that the vocals are poorly mixed, the are often very blurred , uninteligible, cnan't make out a word of it, or they are seldom heard amongst the other music.
Sounds like Jethro Tull...

I hide now...

(kidding about Tull, I like 'em)
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Sounds like Jethro Tull...

I hide now...

(kidding about Tull, I like 'em)
Because youre new(ish) mate I'll offer a warning for now :-) . NEVER insult the mighty 'Tull in front of me...EVER! One of my favourite bands. Thankingyou :-) .
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

The band I'm in played a show last night. It's always good to get out and play. But we really didn't do very well last night. I know our drummer was experiencing a lot of back pain, and was having a hard time of it. ALl of us made a lot of mistakes through the evening. I guess that happens sometimes.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*hugs* for Elfie.

But how did you do on I'm Down?
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I know what you mean ED. I remeber one gig where, for some reason, I was about half-a-second behind the rest of the band, except for the keyboard player, maybe, who I couldn't hear, for the first 3 or 4 songs. It was excrutiating.

I could tell about how, on another night, whwen our drummer forgot how to count but I'm a 'be nice to drummers' thing at the moment
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:*hugs* for Elfie.

But how did you do on I'm Down?
LOL! I have no idea. I just went for it and yelled my lungs out.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Elfie rocks!
Onward and Upward!
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

well well well. I'd love to contribute my own muzaks, but I got no way to record that sounds any good right now. eh, maybe I'll record some stuff later today with my crap-mofone on my compy. take in mind this'll all be solo stuff, as I'm a sax player.
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!