Feedback on Vinyl

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

Feedback on Vinyl

Post by D'Anconia »

For those purists out there Rush Backstage has Feedback available for sale on vinyl. I placed my order.

Does anyone know if Roll the Bones, Counterparts, or Test For Echo were ever released on vinyl?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Vinyl, vinyl? I havent bought an album on vinyl since the Soundgarden classic 'Badmotorfinger' , I think that was 91, not long after bying RTB's :-) .
I still have several hundred albums stacked away in the attic. I dont even own a record deck anymore. Sad isnt it? I kinda miss the gatefold sleeves, the amazing artwork. The advent of cd's killed cover artwork in my opinion.
As far as Rush on vinyl? The last Rush on vinyl I ever bought was 'RTBones', so that answers one of your questions.
'Feedback' on vinyl would be cool. No extra track(s) I presume?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I know a guy who geds all the Rush he can, vinyl and otherwise. Let me ask him, he may know.
Onward and Upward!
Scottish Lad

Post by Scottish Lad »

I can answer this one.

Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Vapor Trails have all been released on vinyl and Feedback obviously.

I have all of them on vinyl. The VT vinyl is actually 2 LPs.

Test For Echo, Retrospectives 1 + 2, Different Stages, The Spirit Of Radio and Rush In Rio have not been released on LP vinyl.

I thought T4E could've been released as it doesn't make sense that it's the only Rush studio album not to make it to vinyl. :(
I can learn to resist,
Anything but temptation,
I can learn to co-exist,
With anything but pain.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Scottish Lad wrote:I can answer this one.

Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Vapor Trails have all been released on vinyl and Feedback obviously.

Test For Echo, Retrospectives 1 + 2, Different Stages, The Spirit Of Radio and Rush In Rio have not been released on LP vinyl.

I thought T4E could've been released as it doesn't make sense that it's the only Rush studio album not to make it to vinyl. :(
Thanks, Laddie! Any idea where one can find RTB and Counterparts on vinyl?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I too have a lot of old LP's that I know I'll never be able to replace with CD's. Consequently I have to keep a working turntable on my stereo. I loved the big album covers and all the artwork, but I still would much rather have a CD than an LP. Sound is everything. :cool:

I still haven't bought Feedback. I guess I really ougth to someday soon...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Scottish Lad

Post by Scottish Lad »

D'Anconia wrote:
Scottish Lad wrote:I can answer this one.

Thanks, Laddie! Any idea where one can find RTB and Counterparts on vinyl?
Hi, I'm not sure where in USA you'll get these on vinyl. You may be able to get them on Ebay. I was very lucky in finding Roll The Bones and Counterparts in the same record shop for ?9.99 each.
I can learn to resist,
Anything but temptation,
I can learn to co-exist,
With anything but pain.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Scottish Lad! LOL! You are just the man I meant. Thanks for helping us out here. :cheers: [-(
Onward and Upward!
psupower

Post by psupower »

Speaking of records, went to a record store for shits and giggles about a month ago and ended up buying caress of steel, 2112, fly by night, all the worlds a stage, rush archives and hemispheres...

I bought every darn rush record they had " the ones listed above were the only ones they had " and these records are in pretty good shape, granted they are used..They were pretty cheap also :razz:

I also bought Close TO The Edge and Relayer by Yes..

Now I need to find a record player :roll:
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

AHHH, it's good to be back to my old name.

Thanks Bytor.

I'm the guy to speak to regarding vinyl. I have got lots of Rush on vinyl so if you're not sure if you can get it, I'll find out for you if I don't know.
Bassist of Joe's Band

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yay! Liam got his old name back!
Onward and Upward!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

awip2062 wrote:Yay! Liam got his old name back!
Indeed!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-D :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band

LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

ElfDude wrote:I too have a lot of old LP's that I know I'll never be able to replace with CD's. Consequently I have to keep a working turntable on my stereo. I loved the big album covers and all the artwork, but I still would much rather have a CD than an LP. Sound is everything. :cool:

Memo to Elf Dude, turn off Foxnews tonight and go out and buy Feedback. It rocks... I don't care what anyone says. It is great and I like Rushs' version of these songs better than the originals. I am biased of course...
Happy 2015!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Soup4Rush wrote:
ElfDude wrote:I too have a lot of old LP's that I know I'll never be able to replace with CD's. Consequently I have to keep a working turntable on my stereo. I loved the big album covers and all the artwork, but I still would much rather have a CD than an LP. Sound is everything. :cool:

Memo to Elf Dude, turn off Foxnews tonight and go out and buy Feedback. It rocks... I don't care what anyone says. It is great and I like Rushs' version of these songs better than the originals. I am biased of course...
Aren't we all?? :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band