Most fuckin crazy Rush concert ever...Semi spoiler

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Xanadu

Most fuckin crazy Rush concert ever...Semi spoiler

Post by Xanadu »

So I went to a Rush concert last night with split head sections...

before the show held the usual anticipation and useless frolicking...we went in as soon as the gates opened...and spent much of the time laughing our asses off at some pebbles trying despirtely to escape some cement blocks...weird people were waking by and one guys skull was just showing through his face :shock: That was followed by discussing meetng by the "euphoria" sign and much insane laughter...my jaw was pretty sore by the time it was time to ged our seats.

So then me and my b/f go to ged lawn chairs and while standing there in the line I realized i had gotten myself into something that I didn't expect...I mean I got WAY more into split head sections than I wanted to be at a concert. We got our seats and sitting there was overwhelming me beyond belief...when Subdivisions started I was rapidly approaching the most dreadful dividing of my ego...the lyrics just picked me up and accelerated it. :shock:

The lyrics perfectly described how I felt...add to that the music is perfect...(the main reason I allways listen to Rush w/ SHS) You trip out real hard but at the same time the lyrics are fascinating and comforting in a sense.

Then Red Barchetta comes on an I was fencing the enemy within...my clenching plastic fist would not open...my hands went numb...lightning was flashing in the sky and it started to drizzle...then the wind started howling and i was wigging out and then it started pouring!

My whole body was clenched up and I felt as if I couldn't walk tho i had no trouble when I stood up LOL...so by the time we got inside I was drenched! We sat down on a couch and watched the concert on the TV there...Tom sawyer came on when I was walking around (walking calmed my nerves thank ged) and I specificly remember hearing the lines;

Today’s tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the energy you trade,
He gets right on to the friction of the day.

...during those lines I was passing by some fans laughing and walking and I could feel their energy radiate off them to me...it was too cool...something often experienced with split head sections.

We stayed in the lobby until it stopped raining then went back out and stood on the lawn...The lightshow was amazing...between the wheels was too cool...

...but unfortunately standing still as too much for me and I spent alot of time walking around in the lobby and outside at the consesions.

Xan :-D
We're all mad here!
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 travelers

Re: Most fuckin crazy Rush concert ever...Semi spoiler

Post by 3 travelers »

Xanadu wrote:So I went to a Rush concert last night with split head sections...

before the show held the usual anticipation and useless frolicking...we went in as soon as the gates opened...and spent much of the time laughing our asses off at some pebbles trying despirtely to escape some cement blocks...weird people were waking by and one guys skull was just showing through his face :shock: That was followed by discussing meetng by the "euphoria" sign and much insane laughter...my jaw was pretty sore by the time it was time to ged our seats.

So then me and my b/f go to ged lawn chairs and while standing there in the line I realized i had gotten myself into something that I didn't expect...I mean I got WAY more into split head sections than I wanted to be at a concert. We got our seats and sitting there was overwhelming me beyond belief...when Subdivisions started I was rapidly approaching the most dreadful dividing of my ego...the lyrics just picked me up and accelerated it. :shock:

The lyrics perfectly described how I felt...add to that the music is perfect...(the main reason I allways listen to Rush w/ SHS) You trip out real hard but at the same time the lyrics are fascinating and comforting in a sense.

Then Red Barchetta comes on an I was fencing the enemy within...my clenching plastic fist would not open...my hands went numb...lightning was flashing in the sky and it started to drizzle...then the wind started howling and i was wigging out and then it started pouring!

My whole body was clenched up and I felt as if I couldn't walk tho i had no trouble when I stood up LOL...so by the time we got inside I was drenched! We sat down on a couch and watched the concert on the TV there...Tom sawyer came on when I was walking around (walking calmed my nerves thank ged) and I specificly remember hearing the lines;

Today’s tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the energy you trade,
He gets right on to the friction of the day.

...during those lines I was passing by some fans laughing and walking and I could feel their energy radiate off them to me...it was too cool...something often experienced with split head sections.

We stayed in the lobby until it stopped raining then went back out and stood on the lawn...The lightshow was amazing...between the wheels was too cool...

...but unfortunately standing still as too much for me and I spent alot of time walking around in the lobby and outside at the consesions.

Xan :-D
Thanx Xanny... that there's some great reporting!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

wow, Xan, that sounds like you had a blast..but of course, RUSH shows are always that way! it's really too bad it started raining, i wish it'd been better weather for you.

no offense, this is just me & my crazy editing self talking..

Most f***in crazy Rush concert ever...Semi spoiler (edited by carolynn!)

:D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:razz:

Even with the rain...I still had fun...and lesson learned: COVERED SEATS!!!!

:-D
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

A gourmet meal for my heart, body and soul

Arriving in the heat of our descending sun, tail gate conversations and patterns of the atmosphere changing to a time in reality, enjoying life.

War ship looming on the horizon, with all it's mistaken might,
euphoria stores, beer of the world, wheel chair conversations passing the time. Shadows of ourselves atmospheric break down, blazing colors, faces of smoke suspended in time and space.

To a symphony of remembrances Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, A Passage To Bangkok, Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres overture.

A brilliant start of virtuoso sounds. Onto The Spirit Of Radio as dusk settles into night and beams of green stabbing the atmosphere of Force Ten. Animate in a light of themselves to Subdivisions, Earth-shine and Red Barchetta. Dancing in my mind like an impressionist pallet of sounds and colors of the heart. Clenching skulls Roll The Bones and storms of electrical thunder blowing winds of a dragon spewing brilliant slivers of harmonious colors floating in from above... to Bravado, YYZ, The Trees and the Seeker to One Little Victory

Intermission... I was amazed at how the time flew by yet standing still in an array of meaningful lyrics and music to my ears enhanced with an awesome light show. Wandering out looking for the lost Xanadu among people covered in mud with faces blurred, minding my own business.

Heading back to bobble head battles with a dragon and a desire for a t-shirt. The journey of my senses exploding in sounds of the heart, colors of light, smells, touch and tastes of humanity to Tom Sawyer one of my favorites. Onto Dream-line and Secret Touch encircled Between The Wheels of my drifting colors caught in a colander of webs with blue eyes rising above letting it happen with Mystic Rhythms and Red-sector A to Neil solo always exciting me, a true virtuoso on the drums! Continuing on to acoustic Resist a melody to my heart Full of Soul on to 2112 with Geddys friend the red parrot and red bass, everyother song he used his black bass.
During la Villa Strangiato...
Alex rant of it's not fair they got everything over there, the dryers....of course my mind thinking humanity's down fall for not sharing. Onto By-Tor and The Snow Dog arriving to Xanadu and Working Man to the encores of Summer Time Blues, Crossroads and Limelight a beautiful ending to an awesome night.

What is that parrots name?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.