9%
Not at all
78%
No but they are struggling a bit at present
13%

Total votes: 23

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you know that i mean a song that takes 1 side of an album to play...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

They could do a CD full of Nursery Rhymes and I would be down with it. Everybody talks about how thier sound has changed and what people like in terms of "new Rush vs Old Rush" I love it all... from RUSH to Vapor Trails. Every album kicks butt in it's own way... That is what is great about Rush, the variety... Most bands have the same sound album after album and it gets boring after awhile... I wait in antcipation for thier new CD as I am sure it is going to be as good as the rest....
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Well put SouperMan! No duct tape for you today.
Onward and Upward!
Scottish Lad

Post by Scottish Lad »

No way are Rush losing their creative juices. I reckon they've got at least another 2 studio efforts in them before they retire.
I can learn to resist,
Anything but temptation,
I can learn to co-exist,
With anything but pain.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

reee tire? is then when the have to put new wheels on their road vans to keep them going?
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

awip2062 wrote:Just buy all your Rush on vinyl and you will have TWO album sides, Dweeb!
Heh heh, like me!!! :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band

The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

Vinals are awesome. On the "Fly By Night" vinal, By-Tor and the Snow Dog goes on forever...

Oh, and I think that the boys aren't as quick as they used to be, but everyone gets that way. It seems to me that the cover project (Feedback) was to bide time and let their creative juices simmer for use on at least 1 more kickass album...

...but that's just me...
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I don't beleive they have lost their creativity...I mean listen to VT...but somehow their most creative period (only my opinion) is COS-GUP
We're all mad here!
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

Well, there was so much drama leading up to Vapor Trails, (ie, Neil's triumphant return in spite of the odds). Don't count on that ever happening again.
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

presto
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

They are waiting for the next cresent moon
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Fridge wrote:Well, I voted yes, and I'm sure this has come as no surprise.
I won't go too much into it and will merely refer people to my post in the other thread.

Again, I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this....
If the boys release a killer album on their next trip to the studio (assuming there is one!) then the drinks are on me...
I thought it would be interesting to bump this.

You know, when they released Vapour Trails I must confess to being bitterly disappointed. They had relcorded two terrible albums (Only IMO remember) in RTB and Counterparts then staged a partial recovery with T4E. I had really hoped the trend would continue, but VT plunged them back into the steady decline since 1989.

I am therefore pleased as punch that they have managed to turn the tide somewhat with S&A. I haven't enjoyed an album of theirs so much since HYF. I'm beginning to think that it may even overtake Presto in my own personal ranking. It's still not up to the standard of their truly great releases, but has gone a LONG way towards salvaging their creativity, and I am both surprised and delighted to find that they still "have it" at least in part.

My only hope now is that they can use whatever time they have left to build on that platform and perhaps improve the consistency a bit. Wouldn't it be fantastic if they were to bow out with an album as good as 2112/Hemispheres/PEW/MP? Five years ago I would have felt stupid for even entertaining this, but now I'm beginning to feel it might just be possible, though it is quite a lot to ask.

Oh, and the drinks are most definitely on me if any of you run into me at a concert. I wouldn't want anyone to think I didn't honour my promises now, would I? : :D
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....