I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON !!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:and let the football trash talking begin.... I love this time of the year. We have less than 2 weeks to go boys and girls...
Me too. Everyone got their Sunday NFL Ticket ordered?

You can only get that with Direct TV right? frigging Comcast sucks, I can't even get NFL network. The ball and chain said no to the satelite dish too. I guess she is lucky I can catch the Colts on local TV or she would be out... and the dish would be in...
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I ordered my SundayTicket a couple of days ago, since they're running a promotion for $20 off right now.

The fuckers at DirecTV got wise. When we moved to New York, and set the DirecTV up here, they only refreshed one of our boxes, but the other one was still getting local channels for New Orleans....I thought I wasn't going to have to get SundayTicket, but two weeks ago, that box started recieving Buffalo local channels. :?
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Soup4Rush wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:and let the football trash talking begin.... I love this time of the year. We have less than 2 weeks to go boys and girls...
Me too. Everyone got their Sunday NFL Ticket ordered?

You can only get that with Direct TV right? frigging Comcast sucks, I can't even get NFL network. The ball and chain said no to the satelite dish too. I guess she is lucky I can catch the Colts on local TV or she would be out... and the dish would be in...
My "ball and chain" was opposed to Directv originally as well. But here's the real story...

We get perfect digital quality TV in 3 rooms for $20 a month less than we were paying with Comcast. You get 80 channels of pay-per-view, all kinds of sports stuff. When you add TiVo, you can do amazing things you couldn't even think about with Comcast (rewind/pause live TV, skip recorded commercials, TiVo one show while watching another...). Check out local satellite dealers for installation specials. It's totally worth it, and my wife is a now a born-again Directv-er. You won't be sorry.

Sorry for the "ad", but I'm serious...we haven't run across too many good or services we would heartily endorse. Directv/TiVo are the exception to that rule.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Can you pick up local channels?
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I stand firm by DirecTV too. We have their best package (all the movie channels, sports package, kids package, etc), plus NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, and NFL Sunday Ticket, and still pay less than we did with COX (with comparable packages). I've gotten local channels in all three places I've lived with it (Phoenix, New Orleans, Buffalo). And their customer service rocks. Their website is easy (add a channel or package to your service online, and it's showing on your tv within a few seconds of submitting the form). The wife and I will never use cable again.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

by-tor wrote:I stand firm by DirecTV too. We have their best package (all the movie channels, sports package, kids package, etc), plus NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, and NFL Sunday Ticket, and still pay less than we did with COX (with comparable packages). I've gotten local channels in all three places I've lived with it (Phoenix, New Orleans, Buffalo). And their customer service rocks. Their website is easy (add a channel or package to your service online, and it's showing on your tv within a few seconds of submitting the form). The wife and I will never use cable again.
Neither will we. I agree with everything by-tor has said here.

And yes we get all our local stations here (Northern California).
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

ESPN rumor has Edge James going to Miami this year. More to come. Could it be true? Colt fans hope so...
Happy 2015!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I agree with everything by-tor has said here.
I think that is the first time that has ever been uttered on this site! :shock:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
EndlesslyRocking

PV wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:I agree with everything by-tor has said here.
I think that is the first time that has ever been uttered on this site! :shock:
I didn't really mean it. I'm angling for the next moderator opening...

8)

;)
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

in response to the TITLE of this topic, i'm definitely looking forward to football season..and for nascar to be over!! crashes are the only interesting thing that happen, & if somebody gets hurt they're not cool!!

anyways, i'm looking forward to seeing the Panthers back in action, as far as pro ftball goes. for college, i'm almost MORE excited to see if Chris Leak's gonna take UF anywhere!

there's a lotta talk about the pro teams, but here people rarely ever mention they're fave college teams! anybody wanna share their expectations about this year's teams? especially the Gators? :p

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:anybody wanna share their expectations about this year's teams? especially the Gators? :p

Do you really want to hear my views on the Gators? :twisted: :razz: :-D

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I've got the NFL package on DirectTV as well. I think I may spring a few bucks to get a second cable in from my dish so I can take advantage of the two channel recording capability of my TiVo. I need it in case the Cowboys and Broncos are on at the same time!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

by-tor wrote:GEAUX TIGERS!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
psupower

Post by psupower »

gosh, only 25 days till the main event..

Penn State vs Akron..

3:30 ESPN PLUS
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

anyways, i'm looking forward to seeing the Panthers back in action,
We enjoyed kicking your butts (kinda) during the Soup Bowl. :-D