30 YEARS AGO TODAY......................

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

H3WMW

30 YEARS AGO TODAY......................

Post by H3WMW »

..........Mr Neil Ellwood Peart played his first gig with Mr Gary Lee Weinrib and Mr Alexander Zivojinovich as the new Rush at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, PA (14th August 1974)!!!

The songs played by the trio were.....

Finding My Way
In The Mood
Bad Boy
Working Man/Drum Solo

When the boys play tonight at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey and they break into Finding My Way, I wonder if they'll cast their minds back 30 years ago to the day when they first played it.

Also looking forward to seeing YYZ tonight at Harlem in Kirkcaldy so this night should be really special.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Its frightening. I was 7
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I wasn't even born. :shock:
Bassist of Joe's Band

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

I wasn't even thought of.
Kazz
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I have a boot of the show. Poor quality but good to own I suppose. Imagine the nerves of a certain Mr Peart...and the man has the confidence to perform a solo. What a guy!

ps: I was also 7 :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Another then 7 year old checking in, wishing she had been there with all her fellow Rushian friends here.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yeah, everybody ged in the Magic School Bus and go back to August 14th, 1974 :razz:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Would have been nice :-D
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*Lifesonite wrote:Yeah, everybody ged in the Magic School Bus and go back to August 14th, 1974 :razz:
Do you think we could talk Mz. Frizzle into that for a field trip? We could say it is science-related cuz Neil is the Professor and Alex is so into science, and well, Rush is great with timing and that is math.
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Re: 30 YEARS AGO TODAY......................

Post by PV »

H3WMW wrote:
When the boys play tonight at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey and they break into Finding My Way, I wonder if they'll cast their minds back 30 years ago to the day when they first played it.
Geddy did make mention of that night being the "official" 30 year anniversary and it was very cool for us all to be there to help celebrate! The show was incredible (duh) and what a treat to be with The Boys on such a special date for them.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

PV wrote:
H3WMW wrote:
Geddy did make mention of that night being the "official" 30 year anniversary and it was very cool for us all to be there to help celebrate! The show was incredible (duh) and what a treat to be with The Boys on such a special date for them.
I'm sad that I missed you PV.... and an incredible show it was... can't wait until Thursday
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

PV wrote:
H3WMW wrote:
Yah, at PNC he said that 30 years ago that day (August 14) was their FIRST time playing "at this very nape." Whatta way with words. 8)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Those men! I love the way they are. So unlike most "rock stars." Quite refreshing, really.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

30 years ago...

I was 11.

My favorite TV show was Star Trek
My favorite movie was Yellow Submarine
My favorite song was I'm Your Captain by Grand Funk

I hadn't heard of this thing called Rush... that would come four years later when the Farewell to Kings tour came to town. I didn't see it, but I heard of 'em...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

30 years ago, I was 7, as I said before.

My favourite TV show was Star Trek.
I had no favourite movie, as we did not go to the drive-in much.
My favourite song was likely something we sang at school or one of the country-western things my mom played.

I spent most of my time alone, running around the mountains where I lived, playing in the river, exploring the wild animal trails, climbing the cliffs, eating wild plants, buiilding shelters, bugging the neighbors to teach me stuff, and riding my bike with my dog at my heels.

To me, "Rush" was something one did and it often led to waste.
Onward and Upward!