Darien Lake

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Did any of you guys find security to be a nightmare? Ken from Counterparts board called me after they had stood in line for 30 minutes to get frisked. He said they were checking cigarette packs AND individual cigarettes!!! :?
Thongirl

Post by Thongirl »

yep if you read my D.Lake review you will see why. We were lucky my backstage friend Dave got us through while the rest waited in line. We did not get checked but everyone else did.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Did any of you guys find security to be a nightmare? Ken from Counterparts board called me after they had stood in line for 30 minutes to get frisked. He said they were checking cigarette packs AND individual cigarettes!!! :?
'Security' sucked....at least getting in. I brought my step-son to the show and this being his first concert ever, we wanted to get some pictures of him. So I checked online and on my tickets, and nowhere did I find "no cameras", so I brought my digital. We waited in line with Julie & Steve (from Counterparts) for a half hour while five 'security' people were trying to check the 10,000+ wanting to get in. We get all the way up there, they frisk me, my son, etc. then tell me I can't bring the camera in (keep in mind they have already frisked me). So, I have to go all the way back to my car to put the camera in it, and while I'm walking back to get in line, the concert starts (I ended up missing about the first four of five songs). I get back in line, wait about another 20 minutes (they're moving a bit faster now, because the crowd is getting angry and they're about to have a riot on their hands), get back to the front of the line, and they check me again. The lady I get this time actually takes the individual cigs out of my pack, and smells them to see if I have dope in them....then she frisks me, and tells me that I can't come in with a chain on my wallet (the same wallet I was wearing when they sent me back for the camera). The people behind me are screaming at this woman (calling her and the other 'security' people names I haven't heard in a long time), that it's just a wallet chain. I tell her that I've had this wallet for better than 10 years now, and have never been denied access to any concert/airplane/secure place because of the chain on it. She says it doesn't matter, I have to take it back to my car. I call her a fucking idiot, and inform her that I'm not taking it to my car (the people behind me are going batshit now, screaming at her that they're just going to rush the gate), when she calls over this big neanderthal to 'take care of me'. He pulls me aside, we talk about what the problem is, he asks to see my wallet....looks at it, then asks me if I'm going to kill anybody with the chain in the concert, I tell him that's why I carry this wallet, because it's a much more effective weapon than a knife or a gun...he laughs, gives me my wallet, and tells me to have a good time at the show.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

God what a JOKE!!!!!!!!

Sounds like they should consider themselves lucky to not have had a full blown riot. :x
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I thought there was going to be one. Can't say I would have blammed those people either....here they paid a lot of money to see this concert, were in line to get in long before the show started, and their missing the show because of these dickheads.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I wasn't even frisked this time. I was frisked at Saratoga. I was in my seat about 5 minutes after I got there :?

That sucks, what crap!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Me

Post by Me »

That must of been frustrating, to say the least. I haven't had any problems at any of the Rush concerts this summer. In VA I had to lift up my t-shirt so they could see in I was carrying a six pack. At the Tweeter Center outside of Philly they slightly patted me down. In Scranton I came up in line was told to go to the next line where there was a uniformed police officer and he turned his back on me, so I just strolled on through.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

That's Six Flags for ya.......guess I missed the excitement. :( I really wanted to drive out there, but without knowing if I'd even "ged" a seat, I didn't want to chance it. It was just too far, plus I have a trip coming up which will drain my wallet as it is.

I really wanted to meet you guys too! Maybe next time.....I hate thinking that they may not bring some of my favs back, but at least I saw em in June. Glad everyone made it through alive!
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."