Holy Jesus.... what a show last nite!!

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Holy Jesus.... what a show last nite!!

Post by 3 travelers »

OOOOOHHHHMYGOD OOOOOHHHHMYGOD... that had to be THE BEST sounding show I've ever witnessed. Radio City frikkin rocks!!! I felt like I was watching the boys from my living room. And yes.... they killed!!! Geddy did flub one note during Subdivisions.... Oh well... we're all frikkin human....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Skeleton Crew

Post by Skeleton Crew »

I concur.
Best RUSH show, (for me) ever.
What a great audiance, I thought the Thursday night RCMH bunch was excellent, loud and singing.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Skeleton Crew wrote:I concur.
Best RUSH show, (for me) ever.
What a great audiance, I thought the Thursday night RCMH bunch was excellent, loud and singing.
And we took our leaks during the same song(s)... AND THE BEER LINE WAS RIDICULOUS AND I MISSED YYZ!!!!!!! CRAP :x :lol:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

That show was the absolute best I think I've ever seen them!!!!!!

And I was standing right under Ged's, uh, nose for some time! :shock:

3T I'm sorry I missed you.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:That show was the absolute best I think I've ever seen them!!!!!!

And I was standing right under Ged's, uh, nose for some time! :shock:

3T I'm sorry I missed you.
Sorry I missed you too Kares. My wife and I met up on the corner of 51st and 6th at 5:00. We were at a table outside the Heartland with Wide Angle Watcher, Skeleton Crew, and Exiled Yorkie. The show was absolutely brilliant. BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!!! nOW i HAVE GOOSEBUMPS ALL OVER AGAIN!!! When is the new album being released???
Wide Angle Watcher

Pictures from Aug. 19th!

Post by Wide Angle Watcher »

Check out some pics!

http://www.jimyanke.com/rush
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Augie, it is a secret spy ring! 3T and I have had all venues "cased" and make sure we don't meet up. :-D

I saw them on the 18th too and we were on fire (in our section at least) the Jolly Roger flag you saw was a theme they started about 1/2 way through the tour about the Priests (Pirates of the Temples of Syrinx) and they bring out that huge flag for that song for the past several venues as well as Geddy with the parrot on his shoulder.

Alex's rant on the 18th (approximately):

"I'm so glad I'm not Paris Hilton! Take a picture. Take a picture. Take a picture. And another. And another and another and another. Paris Hilton!!! Where is your PRIDE!!!! Paris Hilton!!! Where is your PRIDE!!! Paris Hilton!!! Where is your PRIDE!!! Paris Hilton you make me sick! That's OK because I probably make her sick too....BUT I DON'T CARE!!!!!"

On the 19th he "apologized" to Paris for what he said. "Paris Hilton, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. No I'm NOT!!!" He then went on to say what a joy it was to be in New York City! The BEST city in the world (yet I think he probably says that to ALL the cities) and that he had to go HOME now. Go HOME!!! and he didn't WANNA!!! HE DIDN'T WANNA!!! BOO HOO!!!

Then *looks at his watch*, "Ooops and now the SONG is almost over and I gotta GO!" and then Da da da... on with the song.

The guy is awesome and off his rocker! :-D

Oh, yes, and an edit here (for me) Augie...

PNC was not in a hurricane. It was just some rain leftover from Hurricane Charley coming up the coast which happens all the time when hurricanes finally break up after they hit the coast and turn into plain old nasty weather. When we got there it was not even raining...just spots and stuff. We had ponchos but didn't even need them. Yes, it started raining later, mostly on the drive home. I understand it is very difficult for you to get to concerts in bad weather. That's not fun and certainly is not fair but it wasn't a serious condition. Not enough to cancel a concert. People in the lawn seats (and I met a few) were still just as jazzed and not bothered by it...same as we weren't at Jones Beach where it's ALL open.

In fact, Jones Beach was the concert we thought would be cancelled because of all the roads flooded and huge thunder and lightning before the concert and scary, scary downpours but they continued with the sound check. We were tailgaiting in the parking lot in ponchos and umbrellas. It stopped just before the concert, thank goodness, and the concert went off beautifully. Geddy thanked us at the end for braving the weather before the concert and the arena still was full regardless.

I'm glad you loved Radio City on the 18th, though! :D That's what's important! :D

Kares4Rush

Re: Pictures from Aug. 19th!

Post by Kares4Rush »

Wide Angle Watcher wrote:Check out some pics!

AAAAUUUGH!!! Wide Angle Watcher!!! Thank you so much for those pics! Awesome! I'm re-living it. Now I know where you get your name.

Listen! We got a pic of the "sold out" sign outside and a friend of mine took pics during the concert but I haven't seen them yet.

Would you mind if I posted this link to the people I met up with?

(3T, remember I said wasn't going to meet with that guy 'cause it would make me late and they were on 59th and 7th? Well I WORK on 51st and 6th at RCMH where you all met and could have seen you in a heartbeat but he called me on his cell at the last minute and asked if I was coming so I really had no choice but to meet him/them and I WAS almost late!!!)

Oh, well, still a grrreaaat time. Thanks all! :D

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Augie wrote:During YYZ, Geddy got REAL close to the audience on the far right (almost too close). They could almost touch him.
Yah! Sorry for keep posting on this thread but I'm still JAZZED!

When you say "During YYZ, Geddy got REAL close to the audience on the far right (almost too close). They could almost touch him." that was ME!!! (on the 19th--not the 18th. On the 18th I was 14 rows back) I was right up against the stage on the far right (looking across for most of the concert) He was about 8 inches away from me at that point on his bass and making faces. He did it three times during the concert. I almost died! I backed away in shyness but kept pointing and smiling at him and watched the fingers on the bass fly right in front of me and would look up into his smile. I was right in front of the sub-woofers (again, going about 40 hz...WOOF!) and shotgun mics and could "feel" Neil's bass drums through my shirt and the power through them was blowing my hair, not to mention my eardrums! (Whaaaat?)

I won't forget last night for a LONG while. Whew.

schuette

Post by schuette »

less of a month till I see them but jings ma boab I really want to see them NOW!!!!!
Me

Post by Me »

excelent posts thanks for the pics wide angle watcher

cool
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Wide Angle Watcher

Post by Wide Angle Watcher »

I'm glad I can share these pics with you & thanks everyone, for your nice comments...feel free to pass the link around...I'm glad to share the experience!
3 travelers

Re: Pictures from Aug. 19th!

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:
Wide Angle Watcher wrote:Check out some pics!

AAAAUUUGH!!! Wide Angle Watcher!!! Thank you so much for those pics! Awesome! I'm re-living it. Now I know where you get your name.

Listen! We got a pic of the "sold out" sign outside and a friend of mine took pics during the concert but I haven't seen them yet.

Would you mind if I posted this link to the people I met up with?

(3T, remember I said wasn't going to meet with that guy 'cause it would make me late and they were on 59th and 7th? Well I WORK on 51st and 6th at RCMH where you all met and could have seen you in a heartbeat but he called me on his cell at the last minute and asked if I was coming so I really had no choice but to meet him/them and I WAS almost late!!!)

Oh, well, still a grrreaaat time. Thanks all! :D
Next tour 4 sure Kares..... Thanks once again WAW.... Great shots!!