Neils new book (spolier)

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JerDog

Neils new book (spolier)

Post by JerDog »

So, I picked up the new book last Saturday from Barnes and Noble. I completed it last nite and it was a awesome read. Neil tells a lot of stories about things that have happened to him and the band in the past that I found enjoyable to read. It was fun to read about the different types of confrontations he has had with various fans that have recognized him. It was also shocking to find out that Neil, at one time, had a fatal disease! But I will leave the details for you guys to read and find out about that. Just a little tid bit to make yall want to read it. lol . The lows of the book for me was when he got into the details about some band or musician that i really don't care for. But other than that, the fact that I read almost 300 pages the first two days speaks for itself!

Reading this book and seeing what he had to say about people recognizing him made me ask myself a question. What would I do if I ever happened to see Neil in public? Would I confront him and possibly make him feel uncomfortable? I dunno if I could do that to him ya know? What do you guys think? Do you know someone that has walked up to Neil before in the past?
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

Is that that "Contents Under Pressure" one?
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I believe JerDog is referring to Traveling Music by Neil.

BTW, welcome JerDog!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Welcome JerDog! Nice to see another Neil reader here.

To answer your question: I would not let him know that I knew who he was. Unless he was at some specific Rush function, that is.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Re: Neils new book (spolier)

Post by ElfDude »

JerDog wrote:Do you know someone that has walked up to Neil before in the past?
Yeah. But it was around 1980 I think. A kid I knew in high school was in a record store in Scotland and saw Neil exiting. He called out, "Hey, Neil!" Neil looked over and simply said, "American." The kid said, "Yeah!" Neil said, "That's cool" and kept walking.

These days if I recognized him somewhere I'd probably give him a smile and a nod and nothing more.
Last edited by ElfDude on Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Me

Post by Me »

I was entertained, learned something and in my book that doesn't suck.

Well done...and if our paths ever crossed, I'd pretend I didn't know him and treat him like I do all strangers, with kindness.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Ahhh Elf, that's good. The nod and tip of the hat so as to say "I know who you are, but I'm cool and I'm not going to blow you in :cool: "

:P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
schuette

Post by schuette »

thats the best way to be with anyone...