Doc's Pigskin Pick 'Em!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

EndlesslyRocking

Doc's Pigskin Pick 'Em!!

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Greetings!

I have spoken with He Who Rules This Place, and have received the green light to run an NFL Weekly Picks contest. This is going to be a simple affair, no weighting of picks, no spreads to deal with. Simply one point for every correct pick. He or She with the most points at the end of the regular season will be crowned the By-Tor Football God (or Goddess as the case may be) with all the rights and privileges hereto and forthwith.

The basic rules will be coming shortly, including deadlines, Saturday games later in the season, and so on. I suggest we have a sign up, and once you're in, you're in, and once the deadline passes, no one new enters (I don't want to waste my time counting up points for part-timers).

In the meantime you may use this thread to make suggestions (nothing too complicated, I only have so much time), lay down the smack talk, and/or acknowledge my incredible greatness.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Count me in. Feel free to award me my rightful crown now.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

D'Anconia wrote:Count me in. Feel free to award me my rightful crown now.
whoa now! let's not be too hasty! :P

you guys know who my vote'll be for. and, if you don't, look over at me FIRST WIN OF THE ALMOST-SEASON post .. you'll get it!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Count OLS and myself in ER............... Rammageddon is goin down brother.......... Go Chiefs.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

at least we don't have to worry about calling Carolynn queen. :razz:
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

Soup4Rush wrote:at least we don't have to worry about calling Carolynn queen. :razz:
watch it Soup..i might just find that offensive! :P

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

In that case now you :razz: can tell the Panthers where they can find some offense now.
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

Soup4Rush wrote:In that case now you :razz: can tell the Panthers where they can find some offense now.
lol!

like they need it!

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

The Panthers are good, but methinks the Colts have the advantage in the offense department.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

D'Anconia wrote:The Panthers are good, but methinks the Colts have the advantage in the offense department.
I certainly find them offensive...

In any event, football is about start! Damn Thursday games.

Please check out the weekly threads, cut and paste the schedule as posted (uniformity helps my feeble counting skills). I'll keep a running total of points throughout the season. Remember, no weighting, no points, just straight up wins and losses. And of course, no editing after the games have started!!
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
happysmilies007

YEAH! REAL football!! then nobody'll be able to put me down about them being "preseason games" & therefore meaning nothing.

i'm gettin' my picks underway! :-D