Newbie!

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

willowroolz

Newbie!

Post by willowroolz »

Hi everyone

I'm new here and haven't really been on any forums before, but I just felt I had to come online today and rave about last night's concert at Wembley. It was without a doubt the most amazing gig I have ever been to. I've been a fan since The Spirit Of Radio was in the UK charts (Permanent Waves was the first Rush album I bought) and have seen the band each time they have been here since the Signals tour in 83 (which isn't saying much seeing as they've only been here three times since, I know!). But last night was the best I think I've ever seen them.

For a start it was the first chance I've had to see one of the 3 hour shows. They were on superb form and looked very relaxed and like they were really enjoying themselves. They delivered 100%.

I'm still on cloud 9. If you had told me beforehand that three ageing Canadian blokes could give me one of the best nights of my life I would have run away extremely quickly. But they did. :cheesy:

So a huge "thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil for an amazing night and thirty outstanding years.

And the great news is that we get to do it all again tonight!
I was lined up for glory but the tickets sold out in advance
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

They do put on one hell of a show, eh? Welcome to the boards.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Welcome to the family willow'. I'm seeing the boys next week, days off arranged and counting the hours. Glad you enjoyed it.
I bet the reception was great considering the lengthy absence.
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

Yeah, the atmosphere was amazing, Ogg. Geddy apologised for them having been away so long - he blamed it on old age, lol!

It's just great that after all the build up of anticipation (I literally couldn't eat yesterday I was so excited) the gig exceeded all my expectations. And to hear the crowd singing along to some of the songs - it was almost like being in the Rio dvd.

And thanks for the welcomes, guys :-D
3 travelers

Re: Newbie!

Post by 3 travelers »

willowroolz wrote:Hi everyone

I'm new here and haven't really been on any forums before, but I just felt I had to come online today and rave about last night's concert at Wembley. It was without a doubt the most amazing gig I have ever been to. I've been a fan since The Spirit Of Radio was in the UK charts (Permanent Waves was the first Rush album I bought) and have seen the band each time they have been here since the Signals tour in 83 (which isn't saying much seeing as they've only been here three times since, I know!). But last night was the best I think I've ever seen them.

For a start it was the first chance I've had to see one of the 3 hour shows. They were on superb form and looked very relaxed and like they were really enjoying themselves. They delivered 100%.

I'm still on cloud 9. If you had told me beforehand that three ageing Canadian blokes could give me one of the best nights of my life I would have run away extremely quickly. But they did. :cheesy:

So a huge "thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil for an amazing night and thirty outstanding years.

And the great news is that we get to do it all again tonight!
Welcome, Willow... glad you made it here. I'm still buzzing from the shows I've seen this tour.... and that was almost a month ago.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Welcome to the land of Rush forums. I never realized when I first got on a Rush forum what I was in for. I love it!

Thanks for the tidbit on the gig you saw. Man! Those men are awesome, eh?
Onward and Upward!
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

They sure are awesome! And last night was even more amazing than the first. We were down on the floor last night, about 10 feet from the desk, and the sound was perfect. I could hear every word Alex said in his little monologue, whereas the first night I struggled to make it out.

I went into last night thinking that it could possibly be the last time I ever get to see them, and I felt quite emotional at certain points (particularly during the solos in La Villa and Red Barchetta, which is my favourite). I realise you guys must have seen them a ton of times, last night was my 11th (which I don't think is bad considering they've only been to the UK 4 times since I've been of a concert-going age) and was undoubtedly the most special. Today I can barely walk or talk! :-D

And I spent a fortune on merchandise :roll:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Some of us here have seen them more than you, others have seen them fewer times. But, we all agree those boys rock out!

What merch did you ged?
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

willowroolz wrote:They sure are awesome! And last night was even more amazing than the first. We were down on the floor last night, about 10 feet from the desk, and the sound was perfect. I could hear every word Alex said in his little monologue, whereas the first night I struggled to make it out.

I went into last night thinking that it could possibly be the last time I ever get to see them, and I felt quite emotional at certain points (particularly during the solos in La Villa and Red Barchetta, which is my favourite). I realise you guys must have seen them a ton of times, last night was my 11th (which I don't think is bad considering they've only been to the UK 4 times since I've been of a concert-going age) and was undoubtedly the most special. Today I can barely walk or talk! :-D

And I spent a fortune on merchandise :roll:
I was there too and they were incredible
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

awip2062 wrote:Some of us here have seen them more than you, others have seen them fewer times. But, we all agree those boys rock out!

What merch did you ged?
Four t-shirts, Contents Under Pressure, and two copies of the tour book - one to keep pristine and one to show off :-D

Some guy on a Marillion board that I go to is trying to convince people that they played Fly By Night, Cinderella Man, Closer to the Heart and Freewill as encores! :roll:
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

welcome, willow! it gets a lil crazy around here but i think you'll like it!

glad you had a great time at the show. i was one-of-a-kind at the one in may, i'm 14 & am a girl! my dad & i had a GREAT time though!!

keep rocking, i hope you get to see many more shows!! :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

Thank you! :-D

Wish I was going to Birmingham tonight :(
schuette

Post by schuette »

welcome :-D ...Im going to see them at the SECC on Tuesday and its just no coming quick enough!!
oh how much were the tshirts and tour books plz...?
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Welcome, Willow! We can be a wacky bunch, but we're all good folk and you should love it here. :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

schuette wrote:welcome :-D ...Im going to see them at the SECC on Tuesday and its just no coming quick enough!!
oh how much were the tshirts and tour books plz...?
The t-shirts varied between ?20 and ?30. The tour book is ?12. They're also selling the Contents Under Pressure book, which isn't available over here yet, for ?20.

Thanks for the welcomes! :-D