Counting Down

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ozzy rush

Post by ozzy rush »

1 week yesterday 4 me
schuette

Post by schuette »

ohhhhh Im getting really excited now.... Tuesday night for me...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Two days to go!!! :-) :-) :-)
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

We're leaving at 7am tomorrow and I cant wait :-) . Playing RIRio within the minimised media player window to get in the mood, like this Image may come up as a black screen but you see what I mean.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Hope you enjot it mate
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

My turn to get excited mate :-) . We've got our pot, my Rush compilation cd's and freedom for two days :-) .
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Must admit, I'm starting to go through the post gig deflation now.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Thats it, my ex bro in law has just rang, he's on his way, leaving in ten minutes. Later :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) .
schuette

Post by schuette »

you'll love it :-D
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Must admit, I'm starting to go through the post gig deflation now.
I know that feeling. I can't believe it's a week since the 2nd Wembley gig already! :(
I was lined up for glory but the tickets sold out in advance
schuette

Post by schuette »

in a way I wish that I hadn't seen them yet....
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

What a night! Just woke up after driving back straight after the gig (it's now 4pm, yawn). Full report and a confession later :-) .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

A confession? A confession?!?!? Hmmmmm......I think we may need to *ahem* talk, Ogg.

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

For two years I have held the secret here , avoiding the places where I could be asked THE question. I often wondered if I would be found out but no one ever did. I have never lied or sought to alter the truth. My only vice has been one of envy for those who have...but now I can hold my head high.
I travelled to Birmingham yesterday for the closing UK date of Rush last night. After a twenty three year obsession I, I...I FINALLY GET TO SEE RUSH LIVE...FOR THE THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...EVER!!!
I never seemed to have the finances having had children so young and I had to endure friends return from shows with tales of glee but now I have my own story. I hope you dont think anything less of me, believe me I've punished myelf over the years for not being a 'true' fan.
I have to help my son with his homework so a full report will follow.
I will admit to a few tears during the opening medley. I sang along to every song, gave the air drums a beating (much to the amusement of my mate) and I was the only one in my section to stand at the end of Neil's solo (more emotion) to show my Repsect. Being the rebels we are, we ignored the no smoking policy and took a few spliffs to the show. I will never forget lighting up to the opening blast of Tom Sawyer, TOM SAWYER!!! Another of 'those' moments for sure. I phoned the wife during the acoustic Resist (one of her faves) and she shared the entire song with me. What a night.
Much more to follow, I know you've seen them a multitude of times but I havent ok? :-) .
Thanks for listening, a complete Ogg.