what a gig!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

what a gig!!!

Post by schuette »

*I typed this last night*

I?m just back from the gig?.well I?ve been back for a wee bit now but I had to have a smoke and a drink before I typed this ;-) ?..I only had half a pint before the gig!!!....but that was probably cuz a half pint was ?3:00!!!
Anyway the gig?jings what can I say!! They were fucking awesome!
I know I?ll be so sore in the morning cuz I never stopped jumping and dancing all night :-D I had a okai view of them?the pics will show the distance?
The introduction?the medley of songs?that was a wee bit annoying and before anyone says ?annoying!!? it was only because I wanted so much for them to start singing the songs they were playing?And the light show?wow that was just amazing?and Xan I?m so glad I wasn?t tripping cuz I would never have seen any of the boys as I would have been watching the lights so much ;-) oh and during Xanadu I did actually shut my eyes and at the top of my lungs sang ?Xanadu? and thought of you :cool:
I thought of all of you actually and how you?d be feeling if you were with me and I know you would have made that hall rock the night?.even though the hall did rock :headbang:
hmmmm I?m gonna try and tell you my favourite bits?oh oh Alex?s rant :-D he sang Glasgow Belongs To Me :-D ?okai I?ve just had an argument with ma pal that was there he said that it wisnae ?Liam it was..wasn?t it???
Anyway it was a Glasgow song and I loved it :-D ?.The Trees?obviously ;-) ?By-tor and the Snowdog ?I didn?t know where to look, I wanted to see the cartoon of Geddy and Alex but I also wanted to watch the boys as they were messing about at that time?.so in other words if anyone has a copy of the wee cartoon please pm me ;-)
Resist OMG!!! I loved it in RIR but to see it live??..jeeze I was in heaven?
Roll the Bones..I went completely and utterly crazy :-D
Mystic Rhythms?I would have preferred Manhattan Project?.
Jings I could go on all night commenting on every song they played :-D my other favourite bits was nothing to do with Rush..well sort of nothing to do with Rush?.it was watching my daughter when her hands were clapping in the air and wooooooohing away to Rush :-D :-D ?for those who don?t know I took my 10 year old daughter Jade with me tonight??and she loved it :-D ?I bought the dragon t-shirt and Jade wanted to wear it straight away??..in hindsight I really wish I bought the Feedback t-shirt?. Oh and I really wanted the thong but 12 bloody quid for a thong!!!
And they didn?t play Superconductor :(
All in all what a time I had?I thought the crowd could have been a bit more jumpy during the songs but maybe that wiz cuz I could not stop all night and made them look bad ;-) ?they did give a rapturous cheer at the start and end of each song and the hall was thankfully jumping it?s wee ass off at the obvious songs? :-D there was a couple that didn?t get quite a rapturous cheer but I?ll be damned if I can think of them the now :-k ....I gave the same cheer at the ending and during every song as I loved every single one they played??..even Mystic River ? I did love it at the time? :-D
And now for the drum solo??..jings ma boab and harry too??.what a man?.once again I didn?t know where to look??..I so wanted to see him close up on the screen but then I thought I can see that in RIR so I watched him live..even though he was much wee?er ;-) ?.okai crude bit coming up??..avert your eyes if your too young to read this ?but they had to hose ma seat down after that solo!!!.......fuck no man can do what he can do when they?re actually touching you!!!
I?m straying from the path and just being a deviant now :cool:
can you tell I really loved the night??? ;-)
oh and apart from the cheeseburger outside (which tasted better when I was at The Doors gig a couple of month ago?.but then again I had a wee bit more to drink then?) the perfect end to the evening was meeting HW333OUIDC??hasn?t he got a shitty name to remember :razz: ??.I was standing on a bench outside the hall waiting for my brother to come out when H3WMW saw me??and it was great to see you again Liam?you saw them 5 times this tour you lucky shit...we?ll need to meet up sometime?you should come down for a coffee sometime?you?re welcome anytime :-)
oh oh just remembered something else??..shit I forgot it now?this is a moralistic (is that a word?) story to the young ones of this board??.don?t drink or smoke the waccy baccy or you too will forget what your gonna say?
not that your gonna drink waccy baccy?..just before some wise-ass pulls me up for that ;-)

This wasn?t what I was trying to remember but there?s a couple of pics?well 4 to be exact going to follow???..if anyone complains about the size?..ie. they?re too big???.I don?t give a shit :-D
I never took the pics?.I?m no that daft ;-) I?m no gonna mess about with cameras when Rush is on but thankfully my mate Zander was??.they?re not the greatest of pictures but hopefully they?ll convey what I was feeling that night???absolute bliss :-D
Oh and before the pics?.if I remember what I was going to say?.. even if it?s in a weeks time I will still be telling you :happy10:

Right pics time?
the first one is self explanatory?
hahahaha the next one of Geddy with the parrot??I laughed so much when he sang we are The Pirates of Syrinx :-D
The 3rd one is them singing Resist???I?ve already said???I really really love the acoustic version of this?
And the last one??..my man :-D .....cheers npg that was brilliant hosting them for me :-) ........I've added the photos here as well.....you cant get too much of seeing Rush ;-)

Oh and I remember what I was gonna say???at the end of the gig I so wanted to be down the front as Alex and Geddy went over to the tumble driers, took out the clothes and chucked them to the crowd??..I was too far away to even dream about it? :( ??.but I will dream about catching it the night??..ain?t dreams brilliant :-D

Afternote..to the ppl still getting into Rush??open your hearts, listen to the music and the lyrics?no matter how your feeling?..happy, sad, excited, jings any emotion ?..you will find the song to help you through any situation??

Afterafternote?..Wasn?t the fire hell of a hot!!!.........I could feel it from where I was seated and I just thought ..jings those poor boys that must be burning on them?.

Afterafterafternote..I never mentioned what they did off of Feedback???.I?m gonna say it quick and simple???.wow!!!

Afterafterafterafternote?the last afternote was actually my last note?..but I?ll take the advantage of it saying night night to all and one??.I?ll be going to sleep with one hell of a grin on my face :-D
Last edited by schuette on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
EndlesslyRocking

Re: what a gig!!!

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

schuette wrote: ?but they had to hose ma seat down after that solo!!!.......fuck no man can do what he can do when they?re actually touching you!!!
:shock:

You're obviously dating the wrong men...

;)

Glad you had such a good time. It's great to see the enthusiasm. Spoken like a true fan (even if I only understood half of what you wrote...)
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
schuette

Post by schuette »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
schuette wrote: ?but they had to hose ma seat down after that solo!!!.......fuck no man can do what he can do when they?re actually touching you!!!
:shock:

You're obviously dating the wrong men...

;)

Glad you had such a good time. It's great to see the enthusiasm. Spoken like a true fan (even if I only understood half of what you wrote...)
yeah I've never dated Neil ;-)

how could you no understand what I wrote??? :roll:
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

schuette wrote: how could you no understand what I wrote??? :roll:
How could I no understand?

I think I'll let that stand just as it is...

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
schuette

Post by schuette »

och learn the Scottish accent :razz:
Last edited by schuette on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Schu, I can host your piccys on my Photobucket account if you want. Just email em to me. :)

I am SO happy you had such a good time....Jade too. Warms my heart, seriously. The boys mean so much to all of us, its times like these that I understand really how much. :-)
schuette

Post by schuette »

pm your addy plz... :-) and cheers :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

You will have to forgive ER Schu, 7th grade was the six hardest years of his life :twisted: I understood what you said. I had a big ole smile on my face while I was reading it too!!! I am so glad you had such a great time.. :-D
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

cheers soup :-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Wow! It sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I was "right there" with you reading and remembering.

Yahooo!!!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

a night never ever to be forgotten :-D
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Here are Schu's piccys!

The man himself during O Baterista:

Ged and Al during 'Resist':

The boys grooving in Glasgow:

Geddy with the parrot! The PIRATES of Syrinx... :

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

It looks like you had good seats Schu, Is that an outdoor or indoor venue?
Happy 2015!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

AWESOME!!! Esp Resist and the Parrot shot! :roll:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Glad it was a good one Schu.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'