By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counterparts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FerrariF1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Counterparts Reply with quote

I wanted to start this topic.

This CD is one of my all time favorites. I really like it, and one of the main reasons why is that the rest of my family likes it as well.

I really enjoy "Cold Fire" and "Nobody's Hero".

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS ALBUM! Very Happy It is my all time favorite! "Cold Fire" is my favoritest Rush song as well.

I got in line at 4:00 am for tickets to this one while I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest daughter. I had folks waiting on me hand and foot getting me drinks, making me sit, it was so funny! At the concert, in The Pond in Anaheim, CA, I told the guys in front of me, "When they play Cold Fire, don't turn around and stare cuz I'll be spazzing." Well, they did and I was. Embarassed
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two words: secret agent
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Fire rules!!!

nobodies hero and everyday glory are also pretty high on my list
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Myghin wrote:
Cold Fire rules!!!

Cool Well put!
Panacea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this one too!! "Leave That Thing Alone" is my favoritest Wink instrumental of theirs, and every song on this album is great! Very Happy
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i can play every song on this album except speed of love and maybe 1 other lol
Sympho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Counterpart.. my foolish heart..
FerrariF1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to Vapor Trails for the past week or so, but I think I'll switch to Counterparts this afternoon. Very Happy

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sympho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counterparts is one of Rush' highlights.

It should have had a warmer cover though.. like Hold Your Fire..
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sympho wrote:
Counterparts is one of Rush' highlights.

It should have had a warmer cover though.. like Hold Your Fire..

hehe thats pretty good pun hehe
Amarok

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why another cover? It's great. Not as great as "Signals" or "Moving Pictures", but great.

Counterparts, a fantastic album. My favorites: the first three songs, between sun and moon, double agent.
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was gonna start a thread on this album...all ive been listening to recently. Nobody's Hero is most likely my favorite song, not just by Rush but overall. Cold Fire, Double Agent and Alien Shore, terrific stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, glad to see that I'm not alone in loving counterparts. There's a couple of guys on another Rush forum (actually, I sometimes suspect that its just one using two names as their posts are so similar) who have got the impression that Rush have done nothing really wothwhile since Hemispheres and try to make out that anyone who disagrees is mentally defective. Counterparts is one of my favourite albums and, to my mind, features Neil at his lyrical best.
Fridge

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaine mac Roth wrote:
Hmm, glad to see that I'm not alone in loving counterparts. There's a couple of guys on another Rush forum (actually, I sometimes suspect that its just one using two names as their posts are so similar) who have got the impression that Rush have done nothing really wothwhile since Hemispheres and try to make out that anyone who disagrees is mentally defective. Counterparts is one of my favourite albums and, to my mind, features Neil at his lyrical best.

Well, hello Slaine...

I am assuming that I am one of the people you are talking about. (Ican assure you that we are indeed two separate entities, and that we disagree on a few things)

I can only assume you have not read all my posts correctly as your statement is quite, quite wrong regarding my opinion of post Hemispheres material, but I'm not going to get embroiled in an argument about it. Suffice to say that I am a little disappointed that you feel the need to make a statement which is really just not true...

Saying that, time to talk about Counterparts...I am afraid I do not like this album, and it remains at the bottom of my Rush "pile". Why? well, to begin with, I personally do not like the more "personal" approach in the lyrics, and feel that he has "dumbed down" a little. Some songs are just plain clumsy (Nobodys Hero springs to mind) and the whole album for me, has a disappointingly AOR feel to it. A lot of the songs would not be out of place in a Bon Jovi concert, and that is something I do not want to hear from Rush...Saying that, I can understand why a lot of people like it, as it does remain one of their more "accessible" albums and is probably more "radio friendly" than others.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't float my boat...And Slaine, I do not think you are a mental defective for liking it...just misguided (only joking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Studio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: