By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

possible phpBB bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil's Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: possible phpBB bug Reply with quote

I still have the board's old url in my bookmarks, so I have to come here via the menu in the 404 error page.

The strange thing is, if I click the link in the menu twice (ie, click it a second time before the board's main page loads), the board then shows all posts as read, and the time of my "last visit" as being the same as the "current" time.
by-tor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second time you click the link, you're overwriting the cookie, which is giving you a difference in microseconds of last visit, so it's marking all forums as read. Probably shouldn't work that way...ie, not allow the cookie to be overwritten if last visit and current visit is less than like 10 seconds apart. Try changing your bookmark to this url...

http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/index.php
Devil's Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by-tor wrote:
The second time you click the link, you're overwriting the cookie, which is giving you a difference in microseconds of last visit, so it's marking all forums as read. Probably shouldn't work that way...ie, not allow the cookie to be overwritten if last visit and current visit is less than like 10 seconds apart.

Yeah. The odd thing is, though, that if I visit, go away, and come back again (without shutting down the browser in between), the "last visit" time still says what it did on the first visit. And threads that were marked as unread on the first visit, and which I didn't read, are still shown as unread.

The "last visit" time being updated, and threads being marked as read (whether I've read them or not), only occur if I restart the browser (which is fine), or I click the link twice (which isn't).
Quote:
Try changing your bookmark to this url...

http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/index.php

I've been holding on to the hope that the old URL might make a come-back Razz
awip2062

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will make a comeback when it is a cold day in hell.

Hey! Wait! The centre of hell is frozen, so it IS a cold day there.

Well, guess you are outta luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Errors All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: