My Little Victory

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Higgy

My Little Victory

Post by Higgy »

Long time since I?ve been here...

This morning something unbelievable happened to me....

As some of you may know, I'm trying to get a meet and greet for years now. But till this morning no luck...

This morning I got an email from a Dutch guy named Tonny better known as DutchRush. I saw his name a few days ago on arrow classic rock message board. On that board he wrote that he won a meet and greet for next Friday in Rotterdam. I congratulated him with his price and that was it....
Well, yesterday morning he contacted me and asked if I wanted to go with him to the meet and greet next Friday, for his girlfriend wouldn't!!!!!

Well, you can imagine how I reacted

This was the best news I got in years. I almost started to cry...now I'm so HAPPY
Last European show...one day after my birthday...WOW :-D

So, for me this confirms that Rush fans are true FRIENDS
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

.......And we will welcome the boys in the most best possible way John ! Just to give them a reason to come back sometime soon again eh ?
And erhm...friends you said eh ? well...I just took the liberty here to thank olny a few of the many friends I have made here on By-Tor...Tomorrow you folks will be in my heart with me, 'cause you people have been so very nice to me the past eight months and really made me feel "at home" here...ah well...you guys know who you are eh ? First a special word for Kevin and Gina...not on the picture here, but definetly in my thoughts...I am sooo very sorry this tragedy had to happen to you and I want to wish you guys all the strenght in the world, to be able to deal with this terrible loss...that is my prayer. Two of the ones on the picture are finaly going to meet each other as well on the 8 th of October, I truly respect you both...it takes guts and determination...I like that ! so best of luck guys ! and all the best for the future as well, kk ? Just be sure to send me a wedding invitation when the time comes, right ? hahaha...and some other individual on this picture has grown out to be the best friend I will ever have. During the last eight months, she totally accepted my strange ways -and my weird behaviour, which really is one of the hardest things to do...trust me....thanks for your friendship, your sharing, your patience and just for having me around jonkie ! xxx. I love ye...Last but not least "our" Andr?, may you rest in peace, little big man !
Well...twentyfour more hours to go John...I'm nervous...but I'm sure we will have a blast...and if anyone deserves it to meet Dirk and Lerxst, it's you John...you're the biggest fan in the nation here...see ye tomorrow dude ! Yesterday on the phone we sounded like a bunch of little kids...but tomorrow WE are going to ACT like two, right ? Welcome to Holland again Rush ! Let's give them a night they will always remember ! Rush on !
Ok, dear friends....cheers! -and there you go !

Warmest regards, Tonny.

Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Wow........I'm impressed.

Beautiful spoken :)

Clock is tickin', tik tok tik tok.....Nervous....toilet....speech?.....presents?....T-shirt to give away....toilet again....EXCITEMENT !!!!!!!!!!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

G?-ddy!, G?-ddy!, G?-ddy !!! A-l?x!, A-l?x!, A-l?x !!! Nijl-paard!, Nijl paard!, Nijl paard !!! WC, tandjes poetsen, WC, broodje eten, WC, nog een keer alles checken, WC, auto starten, terug naar binnen, WC, dan toch op weg...onderweg naar tankstation, WC, verder rijden...at the venue, look for a WC again, even snel nog wat substantie?ls in de maag dan maar...en ja hoorrrrrrr, WC again...en dan zal het toch g-ddank wel 6:15 worden....pfffffff.....
Als ik nier oppas, ben ik voor morgen al compleet schor, staatsgek en completely dehydrated ! haha...Mijn G-d !! wat ben IK nerveus...niet normaal ! ik heb de tickets al klaargelegd, de kopie van de meet and greet e-mail, mijn rijbewijs...alles...Nu alleen mijn zwarte Starman shirt nog even aan en gaan met die banaan :razz:
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shit....tis pas 13.15 uur........
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Erg he !!! pffffffffffff.....hoezo werken ?!? hoezo rustig aan doen ?!? There's no Rush, zeggen ze dan ! WEL, stelletje Idioten !!! all???n maar RUSH, potverdorie nog aan toe ! hahaha...haast, opschieten ! let's kick the clock's *ss ! :-D
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Heb besloten om morgen de hele dag vrij te nemen....doe toch niets meer...
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

tringgggg, tringgggg, tringggg.....M?t Ton de Vries, "Tonny ?!?, yeah...hi ! it's me, Alex...could you please ask John to bring me that Holland loves Rush shirt tomorrow, 'cause Dirk wants to wear it throughout the whole show...oh! and erhm...bring us some of that delicious Dutch snert soup will ye ?"....sure, no worries Al ! consider it done...I was gonna contact John today anyway, so...that'll be no problem at all...."Hey thanks Tonny, I always knew you Dutch were the best "bunch" in the world...tell ye what eh ? we'll play some extra songs for ye tomorrow kk ?"...would ya ? wow! thanks Al...also in behalf of John, regards to Dirk and Pratt kk ? right then...see ye tomorrow Al, take it easy eh ? "Sure tonny, we'll do"....klik ! tuut tuut tuut tuut....

En toen ging de wekker ! :-D
(and there was my morning alarm) :-D
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Heb besloten om morgen de hele dag vrij te nemen....doe toch niets meer...

Ik ook....ze bekijken het maar ! hahaha...
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Weet je wat IK ga doen ?!? Ik ga ff lekker een eindje buiten in de Zon lopen, want ik word he-le-maal gek hier !!
Sure would help to kill some time... :P
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Walk ze....je hebt het nodig :-D
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

DutchRush wrote: Two of the ones on the picture are finaly going to meet each other as well on the 8 th of October, I truly respect you both...it takes guts and determination...I like that ! so best of luck guys ! and all the best for the future as well, kk ? Just be sure to send me a wedding invitation when the time comes, right ?

so reverting back to English....! LOL

I appreciate the thoughts about next Friday (OMG its coming up FAST). I am honored to know you, and even more honored that you think so much of Chasy and me. You can bet you're on the wedding invitation list. I'm thinking you aren't too far from London....and we will need a witness for me on the big day over there....what do you say??? :-D

ENJOY the meet and greet, guys!!!
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

We will, Thanks :D
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Anytime Traceer ! would be an honour as much as a pleasure as well...call on me anytime you two need it :D
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Ain't it a coincidence?

A year ago I got in contact with Tracy through her site and now she happens to be a close friend of the one who got me a meet and greet!!