The Problem With Vapor Trails

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

The Problem With Vapor Trails

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I suggest you all take a look at this article . It makes for interesting reading.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hmmmmmmmm...interesting.

I found Neil's appraisal of the CD in Travelling Music interesting as well. But it was a different type of appraisal.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

link doens't want to work

i have to finish ghost rider before i read my copy of travelling music
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

When I bought the CD (release day) and put it on I first thought that I had blown out a tweeter. Turns out that what I was hearing wasn't speaker distortion, but digital distortion. The CD is overdriven. A lot of people in the Rush forum that I was in at the time remarked on it too. I'd been wondering if the copies that are being sold today had been fixed. If so, I'd probably buy another one.

And that guy is right... I've made my share of quiet CD's and then over compensated when trying to fix it. :oops:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

That is the best article on the "controversy" I've ever read! Finally it was put out in terms I could mostly understand. I really loved the genious behind the paragraph in all CAPS. For a civilian like me, that got the point across.

Personally I love the sound of Vapor Trails. I like that it's loud and raucous and "in my face." It is suiting for the magnificent come back that it is.

Btw, has anyone heard when the remaster is due to be released? Or is it out already? I'm just curious to hear what others think of the supposed clean up sounds/will sound like.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

As far as I've heard, there is no VT remaster in the works. All the other Atlantic studios are there. Maybe they think its too soon
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'