queuing

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

queuing

Post by schuette »

I know most of you are probably used to it but when I was watching the election on telly last night I was amazed at the length of the queues of ppl wanting to vote. I dont know about England but I know for definate I have never seen queues like that at polling stations!
I have to admit I would never stand in a queue like that to vote..
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Well, this year was pretty special since the voter registration went way up and also those registered who didn't normally vote all had a "push" for this particular election as it was so politically "hot."

Unfortunately the polling places didn't take the necessary steps to accomodate the extra voters, which is sad because it's still not a high percentage of the population and we're ALL supposed to vote. I saw people on TV on line for 9 hours but wouldn't budge THIS time. It was too important to them.

I was lucky as my queue was pretty small after work. I guess my district is small. :P

I hope these long lines don't deter people in the future for exercising their right to vote and that the polling places will improve the accommodations.

Like I said, baby steps. :lol:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

In our county we vote by mail only, so we didn't have to stand in line and H and I actually sent in our ballots last week. We would have stood in line for hours and hours though if that was what was needed to cast our votes. The price paid for us to do so was so high we would be dishonouring our forebears if we did not.
Onward and Upward!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

John Boy told us this morning he was in the line for an hour & considering this scenario..

*is talking to the guy in front of him* 'so listen man, if you'll vote kerry then i'll vote Bush, then we cancel each other out, so we can go home!!'

.. :-D

apparently it was indeed a long line!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I didn't have a big que either. It's the extraordinary stuff that gets shown on the news.

But frankly, the big lines excited me. The whole process did. Tons of people eager to exercise their priviledge of voting in a free election. It was cool.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I was hardly excited... But it is my civic duty!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

GO BUSH
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I thought it was cool that in Kerry's speech he thanked everyone who went out and voted, regardless of who they voted for.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?