my 2 cents

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Jersey_Devil

The Passions

Post by Jersey_Devil »

To any and all of you who find the photograph and thread "offensive" to even the slightest degree:

Grow up. Or, get lives (or selves) of your own.

There's no defense whatsoever for the childish, hypersensitive, self-centred outrage being spewed forth within this forum with regards to The Photographs.

I was reading things written about this matter before having seen anything for myself, and I was expecting (based on those writings) to see something disgusting a la "PentHouse" magazine. But, graciously, I was greeted by two utterly beautiful, tasteful photographs featuring two adults who love each other.

I notice that "children" have written how disturbed they are, with regards to this matter. To them I say--let's see how you feel about your own writings in 10 or 12 years. I prophecy that in that day you will be utterly ashamed at yourselves (and not at this beautiful pair of lovers), although for now you will persistently wear the protective cloak of your indignation (and ignorance). As this is a Rush forum, let me draw your attention to "Witch Hunt". You think that lyric constitutes mere pretty or witty words? You have brains--use them.

Let me also remind you to "look at life in the available light."

Just as these photographs do.
Last edited by Jersey_Devil on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The breath of love is electricity~
Julie

Post by Julie »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Can someone tell what has happened to this board of late?

When I first came here it was a friendly good natured place where people would have a laugh, a joke and there was a large amount of good natured ribbing.

Now everyone seems to have their axes out to gring and I'm afraid to walk past it in case I get mugged.
It's not just this board. I'm not sure if it's the results of the lunar eclipse, the election, or the World Series, but Rush sites are imploding across the net.

:?

That's why your admin and I are going to open up a Huey Lewis site. :-D
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Ooooooooooooooh, can I join :x
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Do it and I will slit my throat. :cool:
This space for rent
Julie

Post by Julie »

Walkinghairball wrote:Do it and I will slit my throat. :cool:
Would Neil Diamond be a better choice? :oops:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

awip2062 wrote:
Yes, Kyle and H are kids. And they have some different ideas from others on this board as to what is appropriate. But they didn't mean any of it as a personal attack against either of you. Please don't take it as such. They didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
What a load of CRAP.

Except they ARE kids, that's for damn sure.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i know i'm just a kid & have no right to post here, but here goes.

i think two people in love is the most beautiful thing in the world & the photos do nothing to tarnish the morality of these two wonderful people. i'm sure everyone agrees that if they could have, Chas & NPG would've been married a while ago, but circumstances just didn't allow that to happen.

c'mon H & SMD, i think they're old enough to dance the night away. :roll:

carolynn :?
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!