Chasartymac

Post by Chasartymac »

I love CouNterparts too

:lol:
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Let me hear you do something of similar quality then
No problem...I'll get out my paper comb and kazoo, shall i? :-D
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I'm certainly interested
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Good album.
This space for rent
Mechanix

Post by Mechanix »

I didn't finally pick up Counterparts until 1996. Prior to that I was fairly disillusioned with recent Rush, and had played the hell out of the old albums. Counterparts kind of restored my interest in Rush again. I think it's partially because the band seemed much more energized than they had on the previous three albums, and as a result the overall sound was much more aggressive. Also (radio-friendly or not), the songwriting skill of the band seemed to have come around full circle, with more good songs than bad.

Never liked "Cold Fire", though.
Perplexia

counterparts live. . .

Post by Perplexia »

yeah, I've always wondered why it seems they haven't played a lot from this album in the recent shows. :-k Granted, it's always important to get the latest stuff in, but they always have a nice slew of songs to play. All I usually see is Leave That Thing Alone! I think they definitely have some gems from this album.
Mechanix

Post by Mechanix »

I think "Cut to the Chase", "Double Agent" and "Alien Shore" would go over great live, and perhaps surpass the studio versions. They are all great songs that seem to be overlooked, despite the album's popularity. However, in the case of "Alien Shore", I'm not holding my breath waiting to hear that one live. It seems to be a song Neil wrote for his wife, and playing it now would probably be painful for him.
The sun is still a rumor
And the night is still a threat