Im new here!!

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

thetrees

Im new here!!

Post by thetrees »

Hey i dont know a whole lot about these types of sites....forums and what not, but i decided to try one. What better than one pertaining to the greatest band to ever walk the planet. Rush has been a part of my life now for about 4 years. i first heard Tom Saywer on the radio and immediatly was hooked. who was this driving force i was hearing? who was that high pitched voice? who was that complex drum part? i learned it was Rush and before i knew it they were my favorite band. i dont know how i could have survived had i never got into Rush. i dont know anyone my age (20) who is in to Rush as much as i, but maybe ill find someone on here who is....
the suburbs have no charms to soothe...
Julie

Post by Julie »

Howdy! :P
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hi, thetrees! There are many young members on this board and welcome to you! Also most of us old fogies found the band when we were young tykes too! In our early teens and such.

As you know music like that holds no age. Have fun at by-tor and I look forward to your insight and knowledge! :D 8)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yeah, what Kares said................. Welcoma and keep yer mitts off my ham sammich !!! :razz: :razz: :-D :cool:
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Sorry but I already ate it Hairy. Marnie makes a nice sammich! I KNOW she made it and not you because she got the mustard amount just right. 8)

thetrees, why don't you start by saying some of your fave tunes or parts of tunes? The individual forums here of the band members are GREAT for talking about songs or instruments you like. :)

Permanent Waves

Post by Permanent Waves »

"There are many young members on this board and welcome to you! Also most of us old fogies found the band when we were young tykes too! In our early teens and such. " Kares4Rush

Yeah um, hi thetrees! Like Kares said, most of us are really young, like I am only 13 but i have loved Rush for more than 7 years so yeah.. Well, anyway welcome to the forum, have some fun, and chat with some other loyal rush fans! Welcome to the family!!!
Science, like nature
Must also be tamed
With a view towards it?s preservation
Given the same
State of integrity
It will surely serve us well
thetrees

hi again!

Post by thetrees »

hey, thanx for the warm welcome; this is pretty cool being able to communicate with people who feel the way i feel about music, specifically Rush. someone said for me to post some of my faves concerning rush...so here is goes.

favorite song: thats a tough one, but its always been the trees (the 5/4 part kills me every single time)

favorite album: also tough, but if i had to right now say...it would be a tie between permanent waves and signals

favorite lyric: "any escape might help to smoothe the unattractive truth, but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth"

well i can go deeper into all this at a different time, but let me know what you think about this short list!!
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

Welcome aboard.
schuette

Post by schuette »

welcome welcome welcome :-D

your shortlist seems an excellent one to me but then again no matter what song or album you said I would have said that was excellent also :-D
3 travelers

Re: Im new here!!

Post by 3 travelers »

thetrees wrote:Hey i dont know a whole lot about these types of sites....forums and what not, but i decided to try one. What better than one pertaining to the greatest band to ever walk the planet. Rush has been a part of my life now for about 4 years. i first heard Tom Saywer on the radio and immediatly was hooked. who was this driving force i was hearing? who was that high pitched voice? who was that complex drum part? i learned it was Rush and before i knew it they were my favorite band. i dont know how i could have survived had i never got into Rush. i dont know anyone my age (20) who is in to Rush as much as i, but maybe ill find someone on here who is....
The question is.... are you an Oak or a Maple? Welcome to the best board ever. These peeps are freakin' psychotic! But I luv each and every one of 'em......
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Welcome, thetrees! Have a good time, we are a fun fun fun family! Enjoy! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
wcp

Post by wcp »

welcome welcome have fun!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
thetrees

hey three travs

Post by thetrees »

Hey, someone asked if i was an oak or a maple....well, i guess im both. i am the trees ya know. not just the tree. i dont discriminate. it would be like saying that you have a favorite member of rush.....i think we all know that isnt possible. you cant have one without the others.

i know i should be posting this on the albums portion, but i am really getting into Presto. i never realized its beauty. how foolish of me. :? oh well.
schuette

Re: hey three travs

Post by schuette »

thetrees wrote:it would be like saying that you have a favorite member of rush.....i think we all know that isnt possible. you cant have one without the others.
you obviously haven't been to the guys personal bit in the forum...especially the Neil one ;-)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey, thetrees! I like your "opening selection" of songs. I know as a true fan they change from day to day. Such selection to pick from.

Natural Science has been such a personal fave for so long. I'll get back.

BTW, Geddy is MINE! :-D (j/k)