Geddy Lee And Max Webster Song Rocks

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Spake_Man

Geddy Lee And Max Webster Song Rocks

Post by Spake_Man »

anyone heard a song done by geddy lee and max webster called " Battle Scar " ? it rocks !!!!!
" And with the spade, spake ! "
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Yes I have.

Actually it's not just Geddy, it's all 3 members of Rush and Max Webster on the record.

I have the 7" single of this and also the "Universal Juveniles" CD that the Websters released in 1980.

Here's a little known fact for you.............

Rush and Max Webster recorded this song as a bonus and whichever band finished their album first would get this song on their album.

Max Webster released Universal Juveniles before Rush finished Moving Pictures......so Battlescar nearly made it onto Moving Pictures!!!!

Image Image
Bassist of Joe's Band

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

H3WMW wrote:Yes I have.

Actually it's not just Geddy, it's all 3 members of Rush and Max Webster on the record.

I have the 7" single of this and also the "Universal Juveniles" CD that the Websters released in 1980.

Here's a little known fact for you.............

Rush and Max Webster recorded this song as a bonus and whichever band finished their album first would get this song on their album.

Max Webster released Universal Juveniles before Rush finished Moving Pictures......so Battlescar nearly made it onto Moving Pictures!!!!

Image Image
I never heard that story. If it's true I'm glad Max won the race. While I like Battlescar it does not belong on Moving Pictures. That album is a masterpiece as is.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
wcp

Post by wcp »

Yep i love Max Webster! such an amazing band!
another well known part of Max Webster history, the band actually broke up because of Rush. They were on the Anthem label but were never treated which as much respect as they felt they deserved. Anthem would continually put them aside for Rush priorities. Max Webster actually got the nickname of "Rush's little brother". So after so many years of this they decided to all go their seprate ways, being sick of their treatment. Well i wouldn't say Rush was the only cause for their brake up (artistic visions also played a role) but it was a contributing factor.

another little well known factoid Pye Dubois, the song writter for Max Webster also co-wrote Tom Sawyer with Neil :) kinda cool. and apparently both still remain freinds today.

if you liked the song Battlescar some other Max Webster Songs you may like are:

1)Here Among the Cats
2)Hangover
3)Toronto Tontos (halarious song)
4)Paradise Skies
5)Lip Service

all great songs, and lead singer Kim Mitchel actually hosts his own show on a Toronto Classic Rock radio station, the station slips my mind now...but if you want the name i shall research it for ya :)
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Pye Dubois also co-wrote the lyrics for Force Ten, Between Sun & Moon, and Test For Echo.
Bassist of Joe's Band

H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Another really great Max Webster song is

April In Toledo

(The B-side track to the Battlescar single)
Bassist of Joe's Band

Yahoo [Bot]

Post by Yahoo [Bot] »

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I have the "Universal Juveniles" 1980 Vinyl.

Bought it when local radio started playing "battlescar."

The cover is cheesy, but the music isn't.

I also bought Crack The Sky's "White Music" vinyl the same day.

"Hot Razors in My Heart" was popular at that time.
Don't start none...won't be none.