Grammy Nomination

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Grammy Nomination

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

The 47th Grammy nominations were announced today, and Rush has been nominated in the category of Best Rock Instrumental Performance for Neil Peart's drum solo, "O Baterista" from Rush In Rio! The Grammy Awards will be held Feb. 15, 2005. Rush has previously been nominated three times in the same category: "YYZ" lost in 1982 to The Police's "Behind My Camel"; "Where's My Thing?" lost in 1992 to Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover"; and "Leave That Thing Alone!" lost in 1995 to Pink Floyd's "Marooned". As they say, fourth time's a charm!

The complete list of nominees for Best Rock Instrumental Performance (for solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only) are: "Instrumental Illness" (The Allman Brothers Band, from One Way Out), "Onda" (Los Lonely Boys, from Los Lonely Boys), "O Baterista" (Rush, from Rush In Rio), "Whispering A Prayer" (Steve Vai, from Rockin' In The Free World), "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow" (Brian Wilson, from Brian Wilson Presents Smile). - Dec. 7, 2004

from Power Windows
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

10 will get you 20 that Brian WIlson wins.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
wcp

Post by wcp »

Rush better win! who the hell cares about Brian Wilson? just cause he is a washed up Beach Boy we should give him credit? nah Rush all the way!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Julie

Post by Julie »

Have you heard the Brian Wilson thing? I haven't, but it sure got a good buzz. I wonder what it is like?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Doesn't matter. The people who control these things go ga-ga over Brian Wilson. I watched a show on him a while back, and when he was recieving some 'lifetime achievment' award, they were talking about him being this super music genius. All I could do was sit there and shake my head....yeah, it takes a genius to write/compose things like Surfin' USA, and Little Duce Coupe.

Then there's the fact that the Grammy people will never give Rush any credit...I think they're in bed with Rolling Stone magazine.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I was certain I posted here already saying 'fingers and toes crossed' :?
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've just noticed that I posted it in the 'Rush Chat' bit where PV told us about the Grammy Awards :-)
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

by-tor wrote:10 will get you 20 that Brian WIlson wins.
No doubt about it. Nice recognition for Rush, though.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

This was always going to be Brian Wilsons award. The other nominees are just window dressing I'm afraid
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I agree with Fridge.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

by-tor wrote:Then there's the fact that the Grammy people will never give Rush any credit...I think they're in bed with Rolling Stone magazine.

Wise words.