Which rock band is better ?

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Which Rock Band Is Better ? Van Halen or Led Zeppelin ?

Van Halen
9%
Led Zeppelin
91%

Total votes: 23

Spake_Man

Which rock band is better ?

Post by Spake_Man »

Which rock band is better i say Zepp !
" And with the spade, spake ! "
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i say VH!! 8)

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I have to go with Led Zeppelin. Van Halen has great talent as far as insturments go, but the lyrics and vocals are all in all lack-luster, repetitive, and in my honest oppinion, shitty. And unlike alot of folks, I can't just phase lyrics out...

but I love Zep.
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Its got to be Zeppelin who, along with Rush, The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and The Kinks, are among the greatest bands ever
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

The Snow Dog wrote:I have to go with Led Zeppelin. Van Halen has great talent as far as insturments go, but the lyrics and vocals are all in all lack-luster, repetitive, and in my honest oppinion, sh*tty. And unlike alot of folks, I can't just phase lyrics out...

but I love Zep.
hey, i LOVE the Led too, but come on. VH has the best guitarist anywhere, & a just-behind-Geddy bassist, & you're right, not great lyrics, but PLEASE!! Led Zeppelin does have a great guitarist & all that other crap, but it certainly cannot match the power of VanHalen. please don't even try to tell me Led has meaningful lyrics. the best i can find are Rock 'n Roll. & DON'T say Stairway to Heaven, either!!

ok, i'm sorry, don't take that personally. :wink: i had to edit it since i must maintain my position of reputable editor of this site. :P

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

I love VH.... but there's no comparison. Zep by a landslide.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Silly question really. For all the 80's hype VH could never hope to compete with the influential Zep'. Strictly medium v heavy weight.
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

Eddie is an awesome guitarist, don't get me wrong, Right up there with Jimi and Jimmy (though in my honest oppinion, David Gilmour owns all three of them,and Steve Howe's just a lick below), and Zeppelin's got alot of room to think in their lyrics, alot of things that you can just take for yourself. Van Halen's lyrics are strictly "This is how it is, no exceptions" type lyrics. I can't stomach it. Plus, the lyrics are not creative at all.

And some of their songs that hold meaning (to me at least):

Battle of Evermore
No Quarter
Achilles' Last Stand
Misty Mountain Hop (love it)
Over The Hills and Far Away (best. Zep song. Ever.)

Surprisingly, Stairway to Heaven is towards the bottom of my Zep songlist. It's good, but not nearly their best (Over the Hills and Far Away and Misty Mountain Hop take the cake by a longshot).

And no offense taken. Just don't do it again.

>.>
<.<
>.>
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

VH = style without substance....

lyrically VH is like a 9th grader....lets write about chicks, cars, and having fun!! woohoo...

Every Zep album has more songs that are GREAT than VH has in their entire catalog...

try stepping back from your subjectivity and see it as this...

Zep is the greatest rock band ever...

VH is a serviceable band with some good tunes and an amazing guitarist...
happysmilies007

it appears i am outnumbered!

touche!

carolynn
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Zed Leppelin, I mean Fred Zeppelin, I mean.............. Bonzo and the other 3 guy's.
:-D :-D :-D :-D
This space for rent
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Walkinghairball wrote:Zed Leppelin, I mean Fred Zeppelin, I mean.............. Bonzo and the other 3 guy's.
JOHN HENRY FUCKING BONHAM BABY!!!!!!!!!
happysmilies007

3 travelers wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Zed Leppelin, I mean Fred Zeppelin, I mean.............. Bonzo and the other 3 guy's.
JOHN HENRY F***ING BONHAM BABY!!!!!!!!!
geez 3, if i'm gonna work overtime on this editing job, i'm gonna at least get paid for it.

carolynn
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
JOHN HENRY F***ING BONHAM BABY!!!!!!!!!
geez 3, if i'm gonna work overtime on this editing job, i'm gonna at least get paid for it.

carolynn
I may just have to start paying you, C....
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Dread Zeppelin?

'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'