even more pc crap

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

even more pc crap

Post by schuette »

Now I'm not racist...just incase what I say may sound a wee bitty like it....but I'm getting pissed off with all this shite that's going on in Britain the now. You're not to wish anyone a Merry Christmas but a Merry Winter Wonderland or some fucking shit like that....seemingly Tony Blair's card says Merry Winter...(oh and if anyone's seens the pic of our dear - tongue firmly in cheek as I typed that - prime minister when the hell do rugby players wear zipped up rugby tops cuz that's sure as hell what it looks like and as for what Cherie is wearing...dont even get me started!!!)

Some offices have banned the internal sending of cards if they depict a snowy church, any religious scenes such as the virgin mary or the nativity etc. I'm not religious but this is a big pile of doggy poo! And why...just incase we offend the muslims and such like that we have kindly let reside in our country. The thing is of all the muslims who have said quotes in the newspapers aren't bothered their arse! Oh and Santa is a deviant....kids aren't allowed to sit on his knee and certain ppl are trying to ban him as well.....so A Merry Winter Wonderland to you all...
a pile of shit!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yeah, and "Happy Holidays" to you! :( :?

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Schu, that's what I've been saying for years.

The ironic thing is that the Muslims, Hindus, Jews, etc get offended when people try to ban traditional celebrations so as not to offend them.

As for Tony Blair - well, I don't want to go off on that as I've not got enough time to list all I dislike about him - the smarmy insincere git.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:the smarmy insincere git.
you took the words right out of my mouth :-D
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I don't know much about Blair outside of his support of the US in Iraq, to which I can only say one thing about him. The man has stuck to his guns, despite the odds and court of public opinion. With that, he's okay in my book...as I cannot stand a wishy-washy politician.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
schuette

Post by schuette »

yeah the Americans like him but unfortunately for him he's went way down in British ppl's eyes cuz of the whole Iraq affair.....it'll be interesting to see if he can get ppl on his side again before the election..
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

by-tor wrote: The man has stuck to his guns, despite the odds and court of public opinion.
But isn't the point of democracy that the leaders carry out the will of the people?

However, the main problem I have with the Labour Government is that they got themselves elected on a campaign of honesty after years of Conservative corruption. Three days after they were elected, there were reports that one of the constituancies they won had had the votes tampered with. Since then there have been a number of reports of Labour MPs fiddling their expense claims. The last batch of local elections were fraught with problems due to the postal votes going missing after delivery in Labour strongholds. The home secretary has been under investigation due to ireregularities over one's of his staff's entry visa.

That's not a confidence inspiring record to me.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

schuette wrote:yeah the Americans like him but unfortunately for him he's went way down in British ppl's eyes cuz of the whole Iraq affair.....it'll be interesting to see if he can get ppl on his side again before the election..
Maybe 'like' wasn't the right word for me to use there. I probably should have used 'respect'. Like I said, I don't know anything about him, his party, or their policies outside of his support for the US in Iraq, and regardless if I thought/think Iraq was right or wrong, I have to tip my hat to someone who doesn't fold under pressure.
Slaine mac Roth wrote:But isn't the point of democracy that the leaders carry out the will of the people?
Yes, but neither of our countries are democracies. The US is a republic, where we elect people to make decisions for us. I don't really know the whole UK government, but I think y'all fall in that same category? I can't stand politicians who govern by the court of public opinion, because that rarely represents the majority. Case in point, the US before the elections. Watching the news, and looking at some of these polls, you would have thought that the majority of the US wanted Bush out of office. People are more apt to bitch then to praise, so it appeared that the majority wanted Bush gone.
Slaine mac Roth wrote:However, the main problem I have with the Labour Government is that they got themselves elected on a campaign of honesty after years of Conservative corruption. Three days after they were elected, there were reports that one of the constituancies they won had had the votes tampered with. Since then there have been a number of reports of Labour MPs fiddling their expense claims. The last batch of local elections were fraught with problems due to the postal votes going missing after delivery in Labour strongholds. The home secretary has been under investigation due to ireregularities over one's of his staff's entry visa.
It's items like this that I'm in the dark about when it comes to UK politics. Y'all do a lot better job of keeping this stuff at home. Over here, if we don't like something, or a politician shows signs of being corrupt, for some reason, we have to drag the whole world into it.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

by-tor wrote:I don't know much about Blair outside of his support of the US in Iraq, to which I can only say one thing about him. The man has stuck to his guns, despite the odds and court of public opinion. With that, he's okay in my book...as I cannot stand a wishy-washy politician.
Actually he has not "stuck to his guns" at all.

The problem Blair has is that on one hand, he desperately needs to stay on the right side of the USA as he needs an ally and potential trading party in case the Franco-German "mafia" freeze us out of any important descision making in Europe.

At the same time, he cannot alienate the rest of Europe too much, as not to be involved to at least some extent in the EU will be committing economic Hari-Kari.

However. seeing as most of the major players in Europe are pretty much opposed to the USA (well, Bush really), it leaves him in somewhat of a quandary, playiong an increasingly frantic game of "piggy in the middle"

If I didn't despise the man so much I would almost feel sorry for him.
I think he's overdone it though, with the terribly ill advised participation in the Iraq "war", as public opinion has definitely swung against him.

But do you know what Ienjoy most of all? It's watching his body language in any meetings with Dubya: He knows the man is an illiterate moron, but must lick his backside nonetheless as the "chimp in a suit" holdds considerable powwer over him, and has something he wants...priceless :-D
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

But isn't the point of democracy that the leaders carry out the will of the people?
LOL yes but does that ever happen?
We're all mad here!