How many people have seen Rush live ?

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

happysmilies007 wrote:i'm only 14, but since my dad's such a big fan, i've been 3 times..in this order:

1st: St. Petersburg, FL..February 19th, 1990..my mom was pregnant w/ me, so i didn't get to see anything :(
2nd: Raleigh, NC..July 4th, 2002..first time i can remember seeing RUSH, though i'd JUST gotten into them & didn't know most of the songs :oops:
3rd: Charlotte, NC..May 28th, 2004..BIG change from the last time. the only songs i didn't know were By-tor, Animate (of course i sang the parts i knew!), & all the Feedback ones because..well, i'm just not that old. but several people told my dad & i after the show they couldn't believe i sang almost every single song..which made my father very proud. :-D

i know most everybody's heard this, but it's fun to post, so i'll do it again!

i fell in love with RUSH just a few months before they began the 2002 tour..i remember the night i did, i searched all over the internet for tour dates, but Dad said it'd been so long, he didn't think they'd ever tour again..so imagine his shock when, just a few months after his 12yrold daughter began to love his favorite band, RUSH announced a tour. :-D

i'm a lucky girl to have seen them as many times as i have..i'm hoping they'll do Raleigh & Charlotte if they tour again, so i can catch 2 shows & bring my record up to 5!! 8)

carolynn
You've been raised right.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

D'Anconia wrote:You've been raised right.
hehe thanks!! i've always thought so, though i'm quite a bit spoiled to have seen so many! :P i'm sure my dad'd love to hear that!!

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm gonna blow my own trumpet here :-D .......I'm a good mum as my daughter (who was 10 at the time) saw them this year as well :-D ...unfortunately my son was only 3 and just too young to take him :(
happysmilies007

aww..maybe they'll turn out as cool as i am 8) :P

well, hopefully you'll be able to take him if they tour again? idk, i guesh it just depends when they decide to do it. hope he makes it! :-D

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

I've seen them twice. Both times were the VT tour. I wasn't able to see them this past summer. :( I live in the hopes that I will see them again!
schuette

Post by schuette »

he's definately going the next time happy no matter what age he is :-D
happysmilies007

aww Mermaid, i hope you see them this next tour!! that would be awesome!! :-D

amen schu! just give him some earplugs..at his age, he might need them, but hopefully the experience'll be close to the same!! 8)

carolynn
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

schuette wrote:he's definately going the next time happy no matter what age he is :-D
Better make sure his travel jabs are up to date then, as I seriously doubt it will be in the UK!

Myself, I've seen them on the Moving Pictures, Signals,Grace Under Pressure,Hold Your Fire, Roll The Bones (ugh!) and of course on R30 tours.

Last time round I took the wife and stepdaughter,and they were both totally knocked out at how good they were,especially Laura (my stepdaughter) as before this she had only seen the "new" crop of bands eg Oasis, Robbie Williams etc, and it was good for her to see how a real band can play....It's just a shame she didn't get to see them at their peak instead of at the sunset of their careers, as they were even better live then....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

happysmilies007 wrote:aww Mermaid, i hope you see them this next tour!! that would be awesome!! :-D
Thanks! :-D I had parents who thought that rock concerts were Satanic, so I never got to go to any until I was an adult. So I'd like to make up for lost time!!

This is not the start of a religious discussion. Just explaining why my concert cherry was popped so late in life! :lol:
schuette

Post by schuette »

Fridge wrote:
schuette wrote:he's definately going the next time happy no matter what age he is :-D
Better make sure his travel jabs are up to date then, as I seriously doubt it will be in the UK!
awww dont say that fridge :(
happysmilies007

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea wrote:Thanks! :-D I had parents who thought that rock concerts were Satanic, so I never got to go to any until I was an adult. So I'd like to make up for lost time!!

This is not the start of a religious discussion. Just explaining why my concert cherry was popped so late in life! :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: that's disturbing!! lol i love your analogy about the cherry.. :P lol

carolynn
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

Seen them for Signals, Grace under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, Test For Echo and Vapor Trails all in the NC area. No one compares to Rush live.

By the way Ogg, I am so glad you got to seem them finally! I related to your description of the experience!
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Hey New World man...how's it going...and thanks for the Chrissie card :-D
Rushgirl

Post by Rushgirl »

I saw them 6 times on the R30 tour - 26 in all since Moving Pictures.
Hopefully many, many, many more times!!!!!!!!!!
"This man is a drunk male prostitute" - Ricky about Alex, Trailer Park Boys
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

schuette wrote:Hey New World man...how's it going...and thanks for the Chrissie card :-D
Great! Hope you are doing well also!

Your welcome........glad to send it.
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.