Pope John Paul II.... R.I.P.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Pope John Paul II.... R.I.P.

Post by 3 travelers »

Although I'm born Catholic... I'm not a religious person in any sense, but with that said
May our Pope rest in Peace....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

This was a report from the Italian media... the Vatican is denying.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've been expecting to see the newsflash on the telly all night but there's nothing said about him dying yet...
I'm not a Catholic either and although I haven't 'agreed' with some of the vatican's 'laws'...I cant take the good away the Pope has done to countless people....which is immense! I hope in his last days he isn't in pain..
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

schuette wrote:I've been expecting to see the newsflash on the telly all night but there's nothing said about him dying yet...
I'm not a Catholic either and although I haven't 'agreed' with some of the vatican's 'laws'...I cant take the good away the Pope has done to countless people....which is immense! I hope in his last days he isn't in pain..
I'm with you on that Schu....
Me

Post by Me »

He will always be remember as a man of good will toward humanity.
Last edited by Me on Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

I'm not catholic either, and perhaps I'm only seeing auras again, but this man seemed to glow from within with the soft white light of inner goodness. Did anyone else see it?

Actually, Me, I think his journey is at hand. In the Lexicon of Long Ago, the word "fool" only meant "Seeker." An appropriate day, I'd think, to journey into the great unknown, wide eyed, a gentle-souled child, peaceful in the knowledged he does not travel alone. May his journey allow him to find that which his heart most seeks.

Let his ship tarry in this mortal dock until his soul is ready to sail to its celestial shore. We are seekers one and all.
Me

Post by Me »

Yes...Pope John Paul II will be remembered as a kind soul traversing religions in the name of peace.

He won't ever die, he will always have more than this world has to offer.

I saw him a few times in San Antonio and got myself on the world news when he visited. I was working for City Public Service at the time. I helped hook up the electicity after a storm tore it all down. I was in linemans hooks connecting the juice on all all the major networks at the time.

No big deal really, just something that I remembered.

He's a good man.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

may he rest in peace. :(
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

He has now passed away.

RIP

Here he is lying in state in the Vatican.

Picture courtesy of Sky News website.

Bassist of Joe's Band