Rockline

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Rockline

Post by by-tor »

Damnit. I got thru, talked to the woman, gave her all of my info, told her my question. She says don't hang up, more than likely, I'm going to get to talk to them, puts me on hold, and I get disconnected!!!!!!!! I'm trying to get thru again. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

All right By-tor! :D Keep on trying!

I just hope the internet connection holds together during your question. This stupid thing won't stop buffering! :(
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Got thru a second time...told the lady I got disconnected, she put me back thru, and I sat on hold for a bit. I hear some guy start to ask a question about releasing other mixes of the tour, but change course and ask why everyone is getting banned from the 'official site', and they cut him off. Right after that, the DJ comes on the phone and asks, "Is this John?". I say yes, but before I can say another thing, he says, "We won't be using your question tonight." and hangs up. My question had to do with the discussion we've had going on here about Rush doing covers of other bands. Guess after the guy asking about people being banned, they didn't want someone else from the web.

You know, with all that's been going on with the other message boards, SRO's turning a deaf ear to that problem, Bob Farmer invading the Counterparts message board, Geddy and Alex not wanting to answer questions about the problems on their own site, etc. etc., I'm beginning to wonder if the time and money I spend for this site, for them, is worth it anymore. How much longer before Bob Farmer comes here? How much longer before SRO calls me, and tells me that I cannot use the name 'by-tor' in my web address?
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

PV wrote:All right By-tor! :D Keep on trying!

I just hope the internet connection holds together during your question. This stupid thing won't stop buffering! :(
Yeah, mine was doing that too. The recording is shot.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Crawpawmighty, I heard that guy "slick" that "stiupid" comment in! Whether it was justified or not I thought it REALLY stupid and selfish a comment for those who had been in line!

by-tor, I'm sorry you got yours swiked! The guy was a "Howard Stern'esue" DICK that needed his name or voice on the raadio.

Thanks again if you can put it up for us. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

by-tor wrote:
You know, with all that's been going on with the other message boards, SRO's turning a deaf ear to that problem, Bob Farmer invading the Counterparts message board, Geddy and Alex not wanting to answer questions about the problems on their own site, etc. etc., I'm beginning to wonder if the time and money I spend for this site, for them, is worth it anymore. How much longer before Bob Farmer comes here? How much longer before SRO calls me, and tells me that I cannot use the name 'by-tor' in my web address?
It disturbs me as well that the band obviously knows what is going on...fans getting their access yanked from the official sites...and don't seem to care. I should be ready to do backflips hearing that Rush is touring next year, and while a part of me is excited, the other part of me is disappointed that they don't seem to care about their hardest core fans. At least not the ones who DARE to question 'authority'. I mean, isn't that what Rush is supposedly all about? Free thinking and discussion??

I hope this site isn't brought into the fray, either, since it has been largely neutral. But quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you are their next victim.

Truly sad state of affairs.
Me

Post by Me »

Alot has been said one way or another about this or that in my opinon it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Even touring don't you all fool yourselves and I'll take an Evian on Evian rocks thanks

The true Me :lol:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You're probably right, Me.

But what's funnier is that major $$$$$$$$$$$$$ is on the line for the band. If they keep up the policy of banning people from their official sites based upon admin whims, why should these same people spend their hard earned $$ on CDs, DVDs and concert tickets?
Me

Post by Me »

This is true but doubt that would happen. Myself instead of going to four Rush concerts. Next year I'll keep it to two or maybe even one. I'd like to see new music from them myself. It will be interesting to see what direction their music will go now after Vapor Trails. With the advent of the web sites I wonder if they address that in a new song. Some of their songs now suggest restraint.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Thanks for fixing that big money by-tor
wcp

Post by wcp »

ya i heard that dude get cut off to, anyone we know? lol
i would have liked to hear what geddy had to say, sounded like he was formulating a response in his head but the interviewer cut him off and went to commercial....hmm wonder waht he would have said.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Yeah, I know who it was. :)

It doesn't seem plausible, I'm sure Me, that Rush will ever lose $ due to this. But I can prove that it already has. I know SEVERAL people who have not bought RIR and don't plan to. These are die hard fans who feel so let down by the band that they don't care about their new releases or even a tour. It has to be pretty bad when the diehards are falling away.

Sorry for discussing it all here, By-tor. I'll be quiet now and go away. I certainly don't want to get this site in trouble.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Sorry for discussing it all here, By-tor. I'll be quiet now and go away. I certainly don't want to get this site in trouble.
I'm not worried about any discussion on this matter going on here. I never have, and never will restrict what you can and cannot say here just as long as it isn't personal attacks on another member, or it doesn't turn into a flame war. If I disallow civil conversations about any topic, then there isn't much use for me to have this site.

As far as getting this site into trouble, I have already emailed SRO, letting my contact know about where I stand in this whole mess, and told them that if it is the wish of the band, I will pull the plug on this site. Thumbing your nose at authority is one thing, but devoting your time and effort to build a tribute to someone or something who doesn't want it, and doesn't support it is just silly.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

10-4 good buddy. I hope all of you know me well enough by now to know that I would never personally attack someone here who I had a difference of opinion with. That's just not my style. We are all entitled to our opinions, and mine is no more right than anyone elses.

I think that is exactly what you SHOULD do, By-tor. Sometimes I even wonder why I devote the time and energy I do to a band who doesn't really care if I'm a fan or not. But the overriding attitude I have is that I love the music, I will always love Neil, so I guess I'll always be suckered into supporting them in one way or another.

But to put the time and effort into something like this site only to have it treated with disdain would be something I could not bear. I don't blame you at all, man.

You're a class act.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I don't think that most people here would want to hurt anyone else even those who differ in opinions. One of the things I like about this site is that we all basically ged along and we have discussed some things that are controversial without flaming each other. I also like that By-tor allows us the freedom to be stupid or whatever. Thanks, By-Tor. And I will understand completely if you pull this site for the reasons you mentioned above.
Onward and Upward!