F**K THEM PANSIES ALEX....

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

F**K THEM PANSIES ALEX....

Post by 3 travelers »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html

See if you guys can open this link. It's about Al suing those prick bastards at the Ritz Carlton for the scuffle on New Years Eve '03....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

What about his statement about.....oh never mind.

I hope this doesn't turn ugly.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Why can't we all just get along?
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yah, this makes me a bit nervous.

Hi T!!!!

I agree, his beautifu statement was...well you know...about not spending another moment of his life on this and moving on.

I've got mixed feelings. I'd hate this to perpetuate and I agree, too, Hairy about getting along. On the other hand if it was indeed about police brutality then retribution is at hand and I know he must have spend buckos on the whole thing. I don't know the legal aspects and what his lawyer recommended. I know a lawyer and will ask her.

I can't say either way as it is not really my business or my life. I just hope no more "bad" comes of it. Law suits tend not to have winners. Too much fallout. Fingers crossed for all.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I was kinda hoping he was moving on and maybe devoting his time to a new album... :???:
Happy 2015!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yeah, soupers...

I thing we were all like...WTF??? :?

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

It's like whoa man I've been soooo wrong about RUSH all this time. I'm going to melt all my CDs or fling them for skeet practice and forget about me ever spending another dime on them :twisted: :x
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:It's like whoa man I've been soooo wrong about RUSH all this time. I'm going to melt all my CDs or fling them for skeet practice and forget about me ever spending another dime on them :twisted: :x
I am not sure I am ready to get that drastic.... I am very disappointed however... I thought this was a done deal.. I am not a lawyer so I don't know but if you strike up a plea agreement how can you sue afterward?
Happy 2015!
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:It's like whoa man I've been soooo wrong about RUSH all this time. I'm going to melt all my CDs or fling them for skeet practice and forget about me ever spending another dime on them :twisted: :x
Woah! Isn't that a little reactionary? It's a little tacky, but it's not a big thing. Don't let other people push your buttons, just listen to the music.
Mr. Potatoe Head

today closes a difficult and painful period in the lives of
My family, my friends and myself. But the sun is shinning and it feels good.

The past 15 months have been an incredible tangle of emotions and stress. But the last 2 weeks have been spent in the glow of love of a family united together, and the unconditional support of friends old and new.

Life is not a perfect thing and there are many opportunities for sadness, some greater than others. But it is our ability as humans to rise up out of the darkness and accept our fate with a sense of understanding and dignity so that we may move forward in a more positive light and make the next day better than the last

Compromise is the mark of a civilized society. It doesn?t always seem fair up close, but a few steps away, it becomes clear that as an instrument of understanding, it is absolutely necessary if we are to live in a world of mutual respect and consideration.

And it is in a spirit of acceptance, reconciliation and forgiveness that I choose to not spend another minute living a minute ago. There is still far too much light and beauty in the road ahead.

Alex Zivojinovich

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Mr. Potatoe Head

FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- The lead guitarist for the band Rush, his son and daughter-in-law are suing the Ritz-Carlton, its security director and three sheriff's deputies stemming from a New Year's Eve 2003 altercation at the Naples hotel.

Alex Zivojinovich, whose stage name is Alex Lifeson, his son Justin and daughter-in-law Michelle are seeking an unspecified amount of monetary damages for injuries, pain and suffering, mental anguish and the costs of their defense in criminal cases.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday in U.S. District Court.

Hotel spokeswoman Suzanne Willis refused to comment Friday.

Messages left for lawyers who represented family members in their criminal cases and at the Collier County Sheriff's office weren't immediately returned.

Justin Zivojinovich and his friends agitated hotel security when they got up on a platform when the house band was taking a break at a party to ring in 2004.

The lawsuit alleges that deputies who responded to a call by hotel security "applied illegal and unjustified force, and such force was excessive," causing Justin Zivojinovich "severe discomfort and pain."

It also alleges that Michelle Zivojinovich was illegally arrested when she complained about the force used to subdue her husband.

Deputies said Alex Zivojinovich pushed a female deputy down a stairwell and spit in another deputy's face when he tried to intervene. Zivojinovich, a founding member of Rush, suffered a broken nose and other injuries in the scuffle.

In April, Alex and Justin Zivojinovich accepted plea agreements to serve 12 months' probation and pay court costs. The agreement called for each to plead to a single misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest without violence. Adjudication was withheld, meaning there will be no formal conviction if they successfully complete probation.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Yestermorrow wrote:
Woah! Isn't that a little reactionary? It's a little tacky, but it's not a big thing. Don't let other people push your buttons, just listen to the music.
No ones pushing my buttons just because your under the illusion that Rush somehow loves you....bawahahaheeheehoho...they like your money nothing more nothing less they have a job... just like me...they probably hope to change some people along the way for good... just like me...If we didn't believe in people changing.... what would be the reason of it all? I changed I listen to clasical now! No twisted words of disception
:twisted:
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

So... he said he was going to do something he really couldn't do. A lot of people do that. It's probably one of those bad decisions he will live to regret, but that happens too. Still it's a shame to throw away the music.

It's one of life's little disappointments. Like finding out that honesty is not the best policy. That one comes back to bite one a lot too. Sometimes silence is the best policy.

Disappointment in the human condition is epidemic and musicians aren't exempt, but I can't imagine throwing out music I love.
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Yestermorrow wrote:
No ones pushing my buttons just because your under the illusion that Rush somehow loves you....bawahahaheeheehoho...they like your money nothing more nothing less they have a job... just like me...they probably hope to change some people along the way for good... just like me...If we didn't believe in people changing.... what would be the reason of it all? I changed I listen to clasical now! No twisted words of disception
:twisted:
Make no mistake. I have NO illusions that Rush loves me.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Wait a minute if Alex was illegally arrested and all, shouldn't he make sure the bastards are punnished? I mean the more WE THE PEOPLE let the "authorities" get away with shit the more shit they'll dish out!!!

Around here its illegal to build a fence completely around your yard due to a new code...and fucking SUBSERVILE BRAINWASHED FUCKS that call themselves Americans don't even raise a fucking eyebrow!!! What is wrong with this picture?

:x :x :x :x :x :x
We're all mad here!