Neil switches to Sabian

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Neil switches to Sabian

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Here's the article in case any one is interested.

http://www.sabian.com/english/gopopup/i ... p?pageid=4

Also kind of a cool story. A friend of mine told me that he went to his local drum shop to get his Sabians and the dude at the store said they only had a few left. He couldn't figure out why there was such a run on Sabians lately. My friend said, "Haven't you heard? Neil Peart switched to Sabians!" :lol: :lol:
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Yeah, I read this on the Sabian site, but it still doesn't answer my question. I'm sure if NEP went to Zildjian and said, "Hey, I want to design a signature line of cymbals," they'd all be like, "Duuuhhhhh, sure." So, I have to wonder if there was a falling out with the company higher ups or something. Ah, well, now another favorite drummer is playing Sabians (Terri Bozzio plays them as well). I have Sabian B8 hi-hats and a 16-inch crash, so I can understand his like for them (ug, I have a 20-inch Paiste ride...and I could sure go for a better one, it's kind of a dead sound).
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

You know that the only reason I use Sabians is because I KNEW that Beil was gonna switch to them. :wink:
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

NeilPeartFan does have a point. You should only buy a product because you like the way it sounds,feels,looks or whatever the case may be. Not because someone else you admire has it/them. With that being said though, it doesn't make Aerosmitten a bad player. Brainwashed maybe, but not a bad player.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Note the wink after her comment, guys. She chose Sabian in the first place because she liked the sound, not because she has prophetic powers and knew Neil was going to switch.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*sigh*

I think you need to re-read the post by Aero. She never said she switched because Neil did. She never switched at all. She started with Sabians and is keeping with them NOT because of Neil, but because she likes them.

HER POST WAS A JOKE!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I'm a drummer and it's not.............................. STFU however, is wrong. How about a public apology please.
This space for rent
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Let's make this simple.... ZILDJIAN A CUSTOM....

Best m*****f*****g cymbals I've played...

that's a matter of opinion though :cool:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Are you raising the kiddo on Z's Steve?
Onward and Upward!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

awip2062 wrote:Are you raising the kiddo on Z's Steve?
I am t....

I have played Sabians in the past... doesn't do it for me like the zildjians do....

Plus... it seems that the zildjians last me a little longer.....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Way back I used a few different Sabian crashes, I broke the s**t outta them. I like to call that my "Smashie Bashie Era", I don't hit like gorilla dunkies anymore. I also stepped on one of them and the thing inverted on me, weird. I also prefer Zildjians, and have all along. The Sabians I had came with the TAMA kit I bought.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

3 travelers wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Are you raising the kiddo on Z's Steve?
I am t....
No, you are Steve. I am t. *sigh*

DRUMMERS! *wink*

So, how is the band t who is really Steve?
Onward and Upward!