Drum solo!

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

bigdude

Drum solo!

Post by bigdude »

im kinda new on rush [i only have 2112, AFTK, hemis.., counterparts, TFE] and i was wondering if any album has a drum solo from he god neil peart!!
if not were can i find one?? can anyone send me one??
try to hold some faith in the goodness of humanity..
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Dude,

There is no drum solo on any studio album. However, if you pick of Caress of Steel... there is a tune called The Fountain of Lamneth. Check the Didacts and Narpets piece, that's the closest Neil has come to recording a drum solo for an album....

Hope that helps you a bit.... lemme know what you think. :cool: :cool:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
bigdude

Post by bigdude »

hehe ok dude:P
ill try to find it... my country hardly has any rush albums, 3 of those i have i had to go abroad to get!

ohhh btw// is there any video i can download?? :cool:
try to hold some faith in the goodness of humanity..
dsquare

Different Stages.

Post by dsquare »

Of course you can pick up all the live albums wich include Neil's solos, I have the Different Stages 3-CD set and it's awesome (recorded in 1996), never tire of listenning to it, of course the price is equivalent to 2 albums but it's worth it, trust me. The latest live set is the Rush In Rio CD's recorded on the Vapor Trails tour. I haven't listen to it but judging by reviewers at Amazon, the majority of them complained about the poor sound. Some reviewers also complained about the sound on Different Stages but to me it's OK, well worth the money.
" I 'm so full of what is right I can't see what is good."
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Do you think I could get him to play a solo for me?
Onward and Upward!
NeilPeartFan

Post by NeilPeartFan »

Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

Funny, I had a dream once, or twice, that he dedicated a drum solo just for me while I was standing front row center watching the boys play! Sure was nice, even if it was a dream!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

2112X1mbh wrote:Funny, I had a dream once, or twice, that he dedicated a drum solo just for me while I was standing front row center watching the boys play! Sure was nice, even if it was a dream!

I remember that. Was that you?? I remember thinking how lucky that person was.. :-D :-D
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

That's just one of my many dreams I have had about my man Neil...ask PV, NPG, or even Pan!! They all know the stories!!Hee hee hee!!!! :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

probably have to move them to the Adults only section eh? :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was meaning a drum solo for me not at a gig, but at my house. Course, my drummer is moving out and her set is going with her, so I NEED to buy a set.
Onward and Upward!
PeartFan

Post by PeartFan »

Well, drum kits arn't cheap. After Neil started playing DW Drums, I checked to see how much it would cost me, and I was blown away!!

But, Neil HAS the money to be spending on the elaborite sets...but I'm not complaining because I get to see him use it...and there is no way I could use an awesome set like he can :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kits sure aren't, but it would be best for us to have one in our house. The way this family is headed, we NEED one, and we will have one within a year, I expect. Money for gear for the family is money well spent.

I am with you on liking to see Neil use a set. Man! That man is amazing.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

PeartFan wrote:Well, drum kits arn't cheap. After Neil started playing DW Drums, I checked to see how much it would cost me, and I was blown away!!

But, Neil HAS the money to be spending on the elaborite sets...but I'm not complaining because I get to see him use it...and there is no way I could use an awesome set like he can :cool:
He is most likely sponsored by DW and Sabian...................Not a dime of his money spent..................................But I bet he has made both companies an absolute azz load of $$$$$$
This space for rent