New Rush Fan Here..

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

RushMan

New Rush Fan Here..

Post by RushMan »

Hey, I'm new to this board. I just got done watching Rush in Rio, and I stumbled upon this message board, and I'm sure glad I did :-)

Im very happy to be a part of one of my favorite band's message boards.
I have a couple questions. Is Rush embarking on another tour soon? Any rumors? And what do you think the chances are of Rush coming back to Buffalo, since Ive never seen them live :( .

And also, can you try to explain the experience of a Rush concert?

Ok, thanks alot guys.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

First of all welcome to the board.

According to the current information circulating, Rush will be entering the studio in the Autumn with the album slated for release sometime in 2006 and a tour to follow.

As for them playing Buffalo, I think you've a better chance of seeing them there than we in the UK and Europe have.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Re: New Rush Fan Here..

Post by by-tor »

RushMan wrote:Hey, I'm new to this board. I just got done watching Rush in Rio, and I stumbled upon this message board, and I'm sure glad I did :-)
Welcome to the boards.
RushMan wrote:Im very happy to be a part of one of my favorite band's message boards.
I have a couple questions. Is Rush embarking on another tour soon? Any rumors? And what do you think the chances are of Rush coming back to Buffalo, since Ive never seen them live :( .
With any luck, they'll release an album and tour next year, as Slaine pointed out. Even if they don't play here again, we're only an hour and a half from TO, and they will always play TO.
RushMan wrote:And also, can you try to explain the experience of a Rush concert?
Nope, that's something you have to experience first hand. When you watch the RIR video, pay attention to the faces of the fans...that's what it's like.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You can get an idea of what it is like by looking at the faces, but as a Rush fan you GOTTA go see the boys play live if you have any chace to. There is nothing like it.
Onward and Upward!
Lyra

Post by Lyra »

Welcome aboard RushMan,
I hope the rumors are right :D I can't wait to see them again,
I was lucky enough to see them right at Buffalo on the last tour;
it was fantastic! You'll see by yourself!!! the next time they will play there ;)
Throw off those chains of reason and your prison desappears :-

http://www.visitvoltaire.com/images/sta ... smallx.jpg
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

Welcome, RushMan. May we all get to see Rush soon. :occasion9:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Amen, GG!
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I just noticed that you are from Buffalo, RushMan. My hubby was born there, but he left when he was seven.
Onward and Upward!
RushMan

Post by RushMan »

Oh well, I almost went.

I didn't know much about Rush, and my dad tried relentlessly for me to like them. All I knew was that they were from Canada. I listened to one of the CD's(not sure which one), and I thought, these guys can really rock. So I went to the store to purchase Radio Hits: 1974 - 1987. As soon as I heard the opening of Working Man, I was hooked.

I found out about Rush on about August 12, and the concert was August 15. I wanted to go very badly, but unforunately, my mom doesn't like them. That leaves my dad(who didn't have a car at the time do to unfortunate circumstances), and it hit me that I couldn't go. So I just hope they come back, and Ill take a cab there if that's what it takes.

Anyway, my 3 favorite bands(in no particular order) are Aerosmith, Rush, and Led Zeppelin. I've seen Aerosmith twice.

Anyway, how is the DVD Rush: Chronicles? I see it's only an hour long but I was wondering what it was.

Thanks everybody.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

The Chronicles DVD is a collection of promo videos filmed during the band's Mercury years.

Making promo videos was never the band's strong point but, as the tended to focus more on band performances, its worth having.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Welcome to the board RushMan.............. have some fun.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

RushMan, I think you would like my eldest daughter, Aerosmitten. Aerosmith is her second fav band (Dio is her first) and Zep is up there on her list.

'Smith puts on a good show, eh?
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

welcome Rushman :-D ....I'm not gonna go on about Rush...everyone else has done it already...and got the t-shirt :-D so a plain wee welcome is what your gonna get from me :-D

WELCOME
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh my! A plain welcome from Schu? Well, don't let that fool you, Schu is dangerous!
Onward and Upward!
RushMan

Post by RushMan »

awip2062,

Yes, Aerosmith puts on a VERY good show. Im watching You Gotta Move(Aerosmith DVD) right now :-)

I am very excited because Aerosmith is going on a tour this year, starting in early November. Then when they are done, they come back to record their 2006 studio album, and then embark on another tour. And at the same time, Rush should be doing a studio album around the same time, and going on a tour, so alot of shows for me coming up :-D

Now if AC/DC would only go on another tour :( . Oh well, Aerosmith and Rush fit my needed fix of rock and roll. :D