Dear Neil

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Dear Neil

Post by rushlight »

You are my inspiration. You are my hero. Ever since I first saw you when I was a teenager, you have amazed me with your gift. I will never forget when I first saw you live in my town. It hurt me so much when you were in pain and you gave me strength when I was sick and scared. I am a good player because of you. I met my love because of you and your friends. I hope to meet you one day sir and shake your hand. Thank you for being you.

(Want to write to Neil? This is the place. :wink: )
I love my Welshman.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Excellent post, Rushlight!!! :D
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Aww thanks NPG! Neil loves you.
I love my Welshman.
wcp

Post by wcp »

Does he love me?! in a non-homosexual fashion?
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:Does he love me?! in a non-homosexual fashion?
Not as much as Geddy does, dear.
*Stalking Mr Wee*
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

rushlight wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: Aww thanks NPG! Neil loves you.
:D :oops:

I think he loves ALL of us truly devoted Rush chicks. :)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I dunno if he would love me. After all, he can't pretend,....
Onward and Upward!
Permanent Waves

Post by Permanent Waves »

Dear Neil,
I admire you in so many ways! As a fellow drummer, I think that your title, "The Professor on the Drum Kit" is one of the most honest things anyone could say. I also believe that your song lyrics are the best in the world, and that no one is a better writer. Even though my thoughts do not mean much, I thank you Neil.
Science, like nature
Must also be tamed
With a view towards it?s preservation
Given the same
State of integrity
It will surely serve us well
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

Dear Mr. Peart,

Thank you so much for the beautiful music you have given to all your fans. I'm so glad I listen to RUSH because they (YOU) are the driving momentum in my life. While everyone my age is listening to rap & punk and learning nothing from their depressing & 'playa-hata' lyrics, I'm listening to intelligent people discuss intelligent things while still being THE prime-est examples of musicians! I love your work and am SOOOOO glad the same rock 'n' roll that "ain't noise pollution" is being kept alive by guys who haven't let their careers be distracted by drugs, sex, & everything else typical of rock stars.

Thanks again for giving me the best gift a young girl could ever hope to have..music.

Carolynn W.
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
wcp

Post by wcp »

Dear dad, when will you get me that bike you promised!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
schuette

Post by schuette »

wcp wrote:Dear dad, when will you get me that bike you promised!
LOL!!! you wish ;-)
wcp

Post by wcp »

i do wish, every night...that somehow i will get either a) one of his autographed, used drumsticks or b) one of those new signed pictures

how i get them i do not care
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
dw_drummer93

Dear Mr. Peart

Post by dw_drummer93 »

I grew up listening to your amazing talent, and I just want to say that you are the only reason i started playing the drums ever since I was five years old. I will never forget this past May when you visited the state capitol and I saw you in person for the first time. You played like I had dreamed you would play and didn't even miss one beat. I want to say congratulations on your success over these past 30 years of playing with Rush, the best band in the world, even when your life came to a complete halt recently. I just want you to know that were here to cheer you on!
Hearing is believing...
3 travelers

Re: Dear Mr. Peart

Post by 3 travelers »

dw_drummer93 wrote:I grew up listening to your amazing talent, and I just want to say that you are the only reason i started playing the drums ever since I was five years old. I will never forget this past May when you visited the state capitol and I saw you in person for the first time. You played like I had dreamed you would play and didn't even miss one beat. I want to say congratulations on your success over these past 30 years of playing with Rush, the best band in the world, even when your life came to a complete halt recently. I just want you to know that were here to cheer you on!
Nice first post... DW, welcome to our home!!! Happy New Year
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
dw_drummer93

Post by dw_drummer93 »

Thanks! And thank you for the warm welcome! Happy New Year to you too! :D
Hearing is believing...