Show of Hands DVD questions

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tinkertoy Drummer

Show of Hands DVD questions

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Just got this (ebay) and a couple things. Lock and Key is listed but not part of the actual program. Is it hidden? The menu appears to be homemade and only has two options, play and stop. :) Talk about not getting to see one of the best tracks on there!

Second question, do all of these have Alex's rant dubbed out? Mine has a caution that comes up (although the band can still be heard).

Are these things common? If anyone knows of a "complete" version let me know. :D
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Looks like you probably got a VHS rip of the concert. It is going to be released on DVD by Rush, but I don't think a date has been scheduled yet.

For the rant:
http://www.nimitz.net/rush/faq3ans.html#123

"That's kind of a joke, but it doesn't seem like many people are getting that joke. Actually, Alex, at certain parts of that song, would just start rambling into the microphone - all kinds of various nonsense, and it actually never got recorded anywhere. So no one had any idea, including him, what he had actually said. But we loved the shot of him just ranting into this microphone, so we decided we would put up this bogus 'radioactive' warning about the fact that we had 'censored' what he had said, and we thought we did it in kind of an obvious way - it looked like it was phony, because we put the radioactivity symbols right on the screen, but nobody seems to be getting that." - Geddy Lee, in the 12/4/89 "Rockline" interview

Alex laughs. "I'm not singing, it's more spontaneous babbling! You get kinda goofy at the end of a show, especially near the end of a lengthy tour. That was just crazy rambling, verbal farting. It was Geddy's idea to put it on the video." - Alex Lifeson, in the April 1992 Kerrang interview
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

More importantly, it looks like the birth of the La Villa rants we all know and love.
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Very cool guys, thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case they redo it. R30 should keep me busy in the meantime!
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

nice avatar Tink... *soup blows raspberries MK's way*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh! And just as I am eating raspberry yogurt!
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Soup4Rush wrote:nice avatar Tink... *soup blows raspberries MK's way*
Are you recruiting people?
Or just signing up under different names to make it lok like people are interested in your team? :-D