RUSH ON ROCKLINE TOMORROW NIGHT!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

RUSH ON ROCKLINE TOMORROW NIGHT!

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Obviously to promote the DVD's.

The VT album/tour and the Rush in Rio/R30 Tour announcement Rocklines they were on, I was lucky enough to be the first caller to ask them a question. For Feedback, I was on hold for 3/4 of the show, and my cell phone died when I unplugged it to run and flip my cassette tape over in the other room.

I think there is a rockline site online that lists your local radio stations to pick up the big event. Show starts at 11:30 eastern, but the phone won't connect until 11pm, so calling any earlier does no good.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thankee!
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

*hugs self*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares, no need to hug you, you have friends here.

*hugs Kares*
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey, can I get in the hug sammich too? :razz:
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Kares4Rush wrote:*hugs self*
What's up with that?
I was standing right here...... :???:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

:oops: Oops! Shoulda clarified...I meant *hugs self in anticipation* like a kid waiting for Santa...or a Rockline interview. :lol:

*HUGS EVERYONE BACK*

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I got through at 11:20 pm, and said myquestion would be if they prefer indoor or outdoor shows, and is there a change in preparation.
Was told I couldn't guarantee getting on the air.
While on hold they plug you into the studio, and you can hear the pre show chatter.

BC said hi to Alex, and the producer in Toronto said Ged was talking w/ manager Sherry. Ged then came in and put headphones on and Bob says hi to him, and tells him Alex is on the line:

Ged: Lerxsty!
Al: Dirk! Did you get the guitar?
Ged: Yeah, ell I got the package, I just put it in the house though. Haven't opened it.
Al: (relieved) I'm so glad you got it! I was worried ...

fades out. Neat to hear them speak as two old friends in a non interview mode.

Comes back in, and Ged mentions he's getting an echo. The BC's voice is distorted, and Ged mentions it sounds "transistory" like an onld transistor radio, which it did. BC says "that's cus I'm distorted"
He mentions they won't disclose Alex's location, for unknown reasons.

BC mentions that fans have been on hold since 10:45 EST and are jamming the lines. Ged asks if that's normal, and BC says no.
Ged says, "Wow, well our fans aren't normal."

The distorion returns, but apparently clears, and when it clears, Al says "now you're talking"
And Ged says, "no, you're talking."
And Al says "No, now you're talking"
and they all laugh.

The studio then disappeared and the 90 second countdown to Rockline began.

During the playing of Tom Sawyer, the producer
came on my line to tell me they wouldn't be able to use my question, apologized, and then I was disconnected.

Ah well. It was fun hearing what I heard, so that was good enough.
schuette

Post by schuette »

that's so cool you got to hear them talking :-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Ah, once again, MK, you provide us with an EXCELLENT re-take of what happened (note awesome Neil Peart drum thread that I wish on everyone here).

I had my old DVD/tape machine set up all night to listen and record as usual. According to the Rockline site (thanks again, MK *hugs MK*) my station 104.3 would play it as they usually do. I waited and waited. They were having this Rock Marathon charity thing for the needy in NY which they do every year where they give away things like signed DVDs, CD, signed footballs, concert tickets, lunch with Billy Joel, jackets, etc. Two years ago they had a signed guitar by Geddy and Alex and I joined feverishly in the drawing. (Well, ONE pledge for $25...what I could afford...got a nice t-shirt, though)

Well, this thing apparently "superceded" (word?) the interview and they continued on with pledges. I was angry as I stayed up late on a "school night" but then I felt guilty for only thinking of myself (insert Irish Catholic Girl roots) and I ended up pledging myself. :oops: 8) :P

*sigh*

MK, you're gonna once again have to give a more detailed play-by-play again. :roll: (Insert "hopeful Heart" emoticon) :-D

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Aw, Kares.....(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Kares)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You needed another one after that.

And Bro, yeah, you can have one too (((((((((((((((((((((((((Bro))))))))))))))))))

And MK, for being good to us! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MK)))))))))))))))))))

Oh what the hey!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((alla youse))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Onward and Upward!