Rush Bringing Vintage Performances To DVD

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Rush Bringing Vintage Performances To DVD

Post by by-tor »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1001700074

Although Rush released a new live DVD, "R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour," just last month, the veteran Canadian rock trio is planning on reissuing several classic live performances in 2006. To the delight of long time fans, their well-worn VHS copies of "Exit...Stage Left," "Grace Under Pressure Tour" and "A Show of Hands" will soon be replaced with DVD reissues.

"Everything's been remixed to 5.1, and that was the intention -- to keep it all intact, except for the remix," guitarist Alex Lifeson tells Billboard.com. "So it's available in surround." It remains to be decided if the releases will be made available individually or packaged together. "I'm guessing a box set -- that would make more sense," Lifeson says.

Lifeson says he enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane while refurbishing the material. "It was interesting to see the development in the arrangements, and how our sound changed over the course of a decade," he says. "I definitely found it fascinating, looking at that. And how the stage show changed over the years -- of course, [in] 10 years a lot of stuff changes. But it was a little fascinating to watch that, actually."

Asked if he was planning to follow-up his lone solo release, 1996's "Victor," the artists offers, "'Victor' was really, really rewarding for me, and I felt that I really needed to do something like that at the time. I don't feel like that so much anymore. Not that I would discount it, it's great to work with other people, it's great to work on your own music -- especially in my case, when I have a studio."

"But at the same time, we're thinking about starting a new [Rush] record in the next month," he continues. "We've been celebrating the last 30 years, and it's time to kind of move forward now. So, I'm really looking forward to a new Rush studio album. And then afterwards, we'll see."
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
schuette

Post by schuette »

wooohoooo...ESL :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I can't yell WOOHOO loud enough!!! :-D :-D :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*has permanent ear damage*

WHAT?!?!
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Somewhere we read they found the extra GUP footage, but weren't going to put it back in yet. Maybe there will be a surprise bonus track on there as an Easter egg. That would be cool.
raj

Post by raj »

:occasion5: Here's to the new Album.
You can be the captain, I will draw the chart, sailing into destiny, closer to the heart.