Rush in Rio

A place to discuss the live albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:LISTEN TO AWIP!!! awip knows, as I, that this is true.....and our youth are going nowhere listening to rap, for it teaches nothing but thuggery....
My kids are NOT listening to rap. Though, after enough years of listening to dad's music, they do need to explore a bit and find their own thing that moves them.

My littlest one's favorite band right now is The Beatles. And I'm really glad my older one found They Might Be Giants... so much better than the stuff she was into before. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I must admit that when we attend the two music festivals in the summer, the kids and I do listen to some rap/hip-hop. Some of those bands have AWESOME and I mean AWESOME bass and drum players.

Last August we stood and enjoyed the bassist for KJ-52 (that is pronounced Kay Jay Five Two). He has a six-string bass and he was chording and runing scales and all sorts of things. Was quite obvious that he had some good jazz training under his belt.

I must admit there is musicianship in some of that horrid stuff. I just can't stand the overall taste, ya know?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Yep, I know.

And just in case anyone didn't know, 50 Cent is pronounced "fiddy cent".
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*sigh*

Our language.... :cry:
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

buck fiddy :-D
Happy 2015!