14. Closer to the Heart
15. Show Don't Tell
16. Leave that thing Alone
17. Drum Solo
18. The Trees
19. Xanadu
20. Hemispheres Prelude
21. Tom Sawyer

No covers this time but quality sound throughout with the live rendition of 'The Analog Kid' of paticular interest and the stunning 'Bravado' solo is simply , um, stunning ...not forgetting another variation of 'The Rythm Method' of course.

A few expressed interest in the '91 boot' I found. Send a pm and this time I'll sort something out :-) .
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

From the sound of it, this could be the Animated boot (details and cover available at the DRE. According to some people, this stands there along with Mirrors (shame about the performance onthat one though) and St Louis '80 as one of the best sounding Rush boots of all time. [/url]
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:From the sound of it, this could be the Animated boot (details and cover available at "http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/da ... dingID=206"]the DRE. According to some people, this stands there along with Mirrors (shame about the performance onthat one though) and St Louis '80 as one of the best sounding Rush boots of all time. [/url]
Looks like you got that right smart arse :-D . I dissected your url and found excellent reviews http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/da ... dingID=206
so yay me and yay you for being such a swotty know-it-all.
Piss poor cover though,

If anyone has a decent boot of the R30 Sept 15th Birmingham Uk ('04'03?) show to trade for this and the '91 show then rush (groan) to contact me :-) .

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Ogg wrote: Piss poor cover though,

I've noticed that about quite a few of the Rush boots. Particular offenders seem to be
Over the Europe (which I also think happens a bloody awful title - it doesn't even make sense)
Out of Hiding (what has this got to do with Rush?)
Space and Time (can you say vomit? I thought you could)
Fancy Dancers (isn't this the most boring cover since Metallica's black album?)
If anyone has a decent boot of the R30 Sept 15th Birmingham Uk ('04'03?) show to trade for this and the '91 show then rush (groan) to contact me :-) .
It just happens that I've got the entire UK leg of the R30 tour including the Brum one you're after. Its not the best I've heard (a little distant and boomy) but, if you want it, you can have it. To help you decide, here's a brief clip of Red Barchetta.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:
Ogg wrote: Piss poor cover though,

I've noticed that about quite a few of the Rush boots. Particular offenders seem to be
Out of Hiding (what has this got to do with Rush?)
It just happens that I've got the entire UK leg of the R30 tour including the Brum one you're after. Its not the best I've heard (a little distant and boomy) but, if you want it, you can have it. To help you decide, here's a brief clip of Red Barchetta.
Regarding "Out Of Hiding", I believe the reason for this title is because the DVD of this show (from 1976) is one that has been hidden from the public for a long time and then the "hoarder" finally decided to release it.

I have the above DVD and it's fantastic. Also has some "COS" video concert footage from 1975 on it as well. It's a real gem.

Regarding the UK R30 shows, I have the set entitled "UK Unlimited" and all 6 shows are great quality. One of my friends recorded all 6 and he was near the front on all of them. :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band