HOW ABOUT THEM HURRICANES????

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Rush mentioned in rant about the Finals,
describing what Canada's 13 year drought from winning the Cup would be like to Americans
if Canada's baseball teams had won 13 years of World Series' in a row:

Am I disappointed with the overall outcome? You betcha. I would have loved to see the Oilers bring the Stanley Cup home to Canada, just because it?s obvious what that trophy means to that nation. I remember when the Toronto Blue Jays won back to back World Series in 1993 and 1994.

After the team?s second title, a lot of baseball fans were angry, because the champions of America?s national pastime resided in a land of touques, Labatt?s Blue, and Bryan Adams. We?re talking full-blown rage here, like what one could imagine if the Hope Diamond was swiped from the Smithsonian by some European master theif (played by Pierce Brosnan).

That was only after two years of Canandian baseball rule. Now, imagine what that scenario would be like if the Blue Jays and the dearly departed Montreal Expos kept trading titles between them for 13 straight years. It may have gotten so bad down here, a deranged Yankee fan may have attempted to kidnap the members of Rush and use them for World Series ransom.

:D :D
Me

Post by Me »

Which ones Katrina, Ivan? :razz:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.