OVERHAUL SET LIST FOR NEXT TOUR

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

John Rutsey was origional Rush yes I know, but he can't hold a candle to Neil. No way, no how. To me, the first album , with a few songs as the exception, blows pond water. :razz:

IMHO. :-D

I just hope the new one is kick ass to the tenth power. :-D :-D
This space for rent
RushFan19

Post by RushFan19 »

i know that Geddy told in an interview from R30 that they wont likely do another concept album cause its a lot of work but dammit,wouldnt it be cool to let them have another try at a concept album?
What you say about his company is what you say about society
moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

Walkinghairball wrote:John Rutsey was origional Rush yes I know, but he can't hold a candle to Neil. No way, no how. To me, the first album , with a few songs as the exception, blows pond water. :razz:

Whoa, I hope you didn't take my comment as meaning that I think Rutsey even has/had a chance against Peart :shock: ! PEART BLOWS HIM AWAY (and all other drummers, IMO)! I completely agree with you on that. All I was saying was that I think that the first album rocked pretty well, even though it was a little mainstream and didn't have The Professor on drums. But, hey, I think we can all sit back right now and rejoice that Rutsey left when he did, and that Neil auditioned for replacement drummer, and that he was chosen =D> !
I see, and then I drool...

moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

Walkinghairball wrote:I just hope the new one is kick ass to the tenth power. :-D :-D
...and I'm with u there! :-D
I see, and then I drool...

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

moYrseYcZode wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:AS long as it don't sound like the first album or feedback I don't care, I just want it out now! :-D
Now, now, now, Hairy, what's so wrong with the first album :( ? Ged and Al were part of it, no :-D ?!?!

I'm with u though: GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME NEW ALBUM :twisted: :-D :x :roll: :-D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be fair, I wish they WOULD do more stuff like the first album....that was pure hard rock...cut down on some of the keyboards...yeaaaaahhhh :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

moYrseYcZode wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:John Rutsey was origional Rush yes I know, but he can't hold a candle to Neil. No way, no how. To me, the first album , with a few songs as the exception, blows pond water. :razz:

Whoa, I hope you didn't take my comment as meaning that I think Rutsey even has/had a chance against Peart :shock: ! PEART BLOWS HIM AWAY (and all other drummers, IMO)! I completely agree with you on that. All I was saying was that I think that the first album rocked pretty well, even though it was a little mainstream and didn't have The Professor on drums. But, hey, I think we can all sit back right now and rejoice that Rutsey left when he did, and that Neil auditioned for replacement drummer, and that he was chosen =D> !
We both agree on this. I just didn't like the first album as a whole. I think had Rutsey not left Rush, I most likely......................(this is gonna get me a power wedgie fo sure) would not have gotten into Rush at all.
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Walkinghairball wrote:I think had Rutsey not left Rush, I most likely......................(this is gonna get me a power wedgie fo sure) would not have gotten into Rush at all.
*grabs Hairball's pants and yanks up*

damn, man... I'm going to need some help with this!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Walkinghairball

Did you pack a lunch? :-D
This space for rent
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

PV wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:I think had Rutsey not left Rush, I most likely......................(this is gonna get me a power wedgie fo sure) would not have gotten into Rush at all.
*grabs Hairball's pants and yanks up*

damn, man... I'm going to need some help with this!
I got your back, sis! :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Walkinghairball

Hey now............. :shock: ................... you two be nice. I still love Rush, just not the first album.
This space for rent
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Coming back to the original discussion:

I would like to see something from PRESTO in the setlist, maybe SHOW DON'T TELL.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*watches her sisters struggle and laughs*

I think you may have been hitting on Dad's bottle a bit much, girls!

As for the set list proposed by our young Toronto fan, I would go for that. Hey! This is Rush we are talking about. To paraphrase Zakk Wylde, Rush could ged on stage and fart and I would show up! *wink*

As for Toronto By-Torians.....I can think of only one who has posted anywhere near recently. We had one in Hamilton not long ago too, but he was at school and has since moved back north.

I hope to visit your fair city again within a year or so, though. If I can I will bring my daughter and son-in-law with me again (fellow Rushians).
Onward and Upward!
RushFan19

Post by RushFan19 »

When i moved here back in Febuary,me and my dad went to this store on Yonge St. and i think its called Fastball Sports or something like that. They sell anything that collectable including Alex Lifeson's Gold Record for 2112. I dunno if its still there but last time i checked it was 500$.
What you say about his company is what you say about society
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Amarok wrote:Coming back to the original discussion:

I would like to see something from PRESTO in the setlist, maybe SHOW DON'T TELL.
I am predicting they bring this back this tour.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Middle Kingdom wrote:
Amarok wrote:Coming back to the original discussion:

I am predicting they bring this back this tour.
I'd love to see them do Scars. I remember reading an interview with Geddy a while ago and he said he can't do that song anymore because the bass line is too hard on his hands. :( So, I'd have to put in my request for Available Light.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart