(Not) Ignorning You All

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Man, the Hairballs rock!!! to make a long drive like that just to comfort a friend who is dealing with quite possibly the worst thing a person could go through, is just simply awesome.. I was in awe when I read these posts.

t... I am really, really sorry.. You helped me get through a difficult time in my life and if there is anything I can do from afar, please let me know.. I guess all I can really say is that her suffering is over and she is in a better place looking down at all of her loved ones. Maybe once you move past your grief you will be left with nothing but fond memories. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.. if you need anything or just a shoulder, let me know..

Bill
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thank you all for your concern and love. I don't know that you will ever know just how much it meant to me and to my mom (yeah, I kept her informed of what you all were saying and she smiled when she could not speak) and how it helped me through.

Soup, the Hairballs did something that meant more to me and my family than coming here to comfort, although that was part of it, a great part of what they did.

See, Bear was at church camp just north of them. He got there Sunday and for some strange reason (my mom wasn't declining yet then) I asked them if there was a need would they go get Bear for me. They said sure and gave me numbers to give to him to call if he needed them. Then, when my mom got sick, they offered to fetch him. When she went into hospital early Friday morning, I agreed to it. They left work Friday, went home, got stuff, fetched Scoot from her gramma's and got Bear. They had him at Mom's bedside by 5am Saturday, so he was able to spend time with her before she died.

That is a gift to my mom and Bear and our whole family I don't see anyway we can repay (Note to Hairballs: I know you aren't asking for repayment.).

The support that I have gotten from all of you is amazing. Thank you all from the deepest part of my heart. My mom is thankful for you as well, I know.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sorry t, I was out yesterday. I'm hugging you long distance, and goin' up high with the Hairballs for their support.

(((((((((((((((( t :*))))))))))))))))))

*High-fives Hairy and OLS* - You guys are WORLD CLASS.

Drop me a line when you're able t. I'm here for you like you were for me.
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey guys, I do have one way that you all can help me.

Remember that my mom loved life and fun and laughter and quit being so quiet on the board!

I gotta have posts to postie to when I am chillin' in the evenings in Idaho, kay? Something to take my mind off things a bit when I need a diversion. Something to make me laugh.

Don't make me get my duct tape out, kay? LOL
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

No, I da ho!

We'll try to keep ya smilin', t. That, we can do. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Idaho, eh? Time for song lyrics. "Idaho", by John Linnell

Night-long
Vigil by the picture window.
Sleepy
Eyes never leave the road.
Past my bedtime
Miles ago.
Still haven't entered
Idaho.

There is a sign
Just up the way.
One hundred feet
From my front yard.
And though it's dark
I make it out.
It says that Idaho
Welcomes you.

Everybody's passed out.
They don't know
How close we are now.
Idaho.

[Car alarm blares]

Seen you.
Know everything about you.
Heard your
Air blowing 'cross my door.
Tantalizing.
Go man go.
Driving my house to
Idaho.

Almost there now.

Play that drumroll.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

okay - who farted! :? :twisted:

and don't say "whoever smelt it dealt it"... :razz:

pssssssst....it was me.

heeheeheeheehee

(((((((((t :*)))))))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:No, I da ho!
You da pimp.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That's capitalism for ya. I da bofe!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

awip2062 wrote:Thank you all for your concern and love. I don't know that you will ever know just how much it meant to me and to my mom (yeah, I kept her informed of what you all were saying and she smiled when she could not speak) and how it helped me through.

Soup, the Hairballs did something that meant more to me and my family than coming here to comfort, although that was part of it, a great part of what they did.

See, Bear was at church camp just north of them. He got there Sunday and for some strange reason (my mom wasn't declining yet then) I asked them if there was a need would they go get Bear for me. They said sure and gave me numbers to give to him to call if he needed them. Then, when my mom got sick, they offered to fetch him. When she went into hospital early Friday morning, I agreed to it. They left work Friday, went home, got stuff, fetched Scoot from her gramma's and got Bear. They had him at Mom's bedside by 5am Saturday, so he was able to spend time with her before she died.

That is a gift to my mom and Bear and our whole family I don't see anyway we can repay (Note to Hairballs: I know you aren't asking for repayment.).

The support that I have gotten from all of you is amazing. Thank you all from the deepest part of my heart. My mom is thankful for you as well, I know.

And we would do it again in a heart beat. Love ya.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*smiles* Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, got some posties. Boys bein' funny, lyrics, too, good, good.

Keep at it!
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Orlando's LOVESLAVE wrote:

And we would do it again in a heart beat. Love ya.
I have no doubt about that. None at all.

*hugs the Hairball Clan*
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

**raises a toast to the Hairballs**

good friends are hard to come by sometimes. :-) but when you find one or more than one, it makes it all worthwhile :-)
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ok, here is something we didn't let you all in on during that weekend.

We went outside for a smoke after opening a fresh pack. When we all came back in t noticed something funny.

Delta, who loves to chew on paper had gotten that just opened pack and had it almost half eaten.

Here is my question...........t, has Delta pooped a Marlboro yet???? :lol: :razz: :lol: :razz:

And no, I don't want to smoke it. :-)
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Heh. At least they won't have to de-worm Delta for a while. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?